Students, parents and staff at Brown Deer High School started a Peace Garden last year. The garden is located east of the school just over the bridge connecting the school to the Brown Deer Library. It's now time to begin planting the 2010 Peace Garden. The help of community members is welcome and appreciated.
Do you have extra plants, seeds, garden tools, expertise or a little free time to help? Please join the official first day of planting on Saturday, May 29, at 9 a.m. The rain date is Sunday, May 30 at the same time. Projects include planting, pruning, and filling the compost pile. Bring your green thumb, too.
Produce grown in the garden will be donated to a local food pantry or soup kitchen. Let's hope for a great growing season!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- One-Stop Holiday Shopping
- Education Foundation of Brown Deer Established to Support District's Schools
- Friends of the Brown Deer Library 27th Annual Auction
- Antiques Appraisal Event
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- "What's in the Barn?" Open House at Unitarian Church North Oct. 18
- Art & Craft Fair at Milwaukee Lutheran HS November 8
- Sport Clips Haircuts Help a Hero campaign
- Judy Schachner book launch in Mequon
- Volunteers Needed for American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Milwaukee/North Shore