Students, parents and staff at Brown Deer High School started a Peace Garden last year. The garden is located east of the school just over the bridge connecting the school to the Brown Deer Library. It's now time to begin planting the 2010 Peace Garden. The help of community members is welcome and appreciated.
Do you have extra plants, seeds, garden tools, expertise or a little free time to help? Please join the official first day of planting on Saturday, May 29, at 9 a.m. The rain date is Sunday, May 30 at the same time. Projects include planting, pruning, and filling the compost pile. Bring your green thumb, too.
Produce grown in the garden will be donated to a local food pantry or soup kitchen. Let's hope for a great growing season!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cupid’s Arrow Points to Transparency: A thing or two to learn from wealthy couples
- Player Alumni Resources Announces Second Annual Green Bay Packers Alumni Charity Fishing Tournament & VIP Event to Benefit Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Trivia Night at Saint Anthony's Parish
- Annex Wealth Management to Host Women, Wine & Wealth - A "Sandwich Generation" Break February 24 at Harvey's Central Grill
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Talk on Religion, Ecology and Identity in Southern Africa at UWM Feb. 19
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee NARI Gold Award
- Nicolet High School Presents James and the Giant Peach