Students, parents and staff at Brown Deer High School started a Peace Garden last year. The garden is located east of the school just over the bridge connecting the school to the Brown Deer Library. It's now time to begin planting the 2010 Peace Garden. The help of community members is welcome and appreciated.
Do you have extra plants, seeds, garden tools, expertise or a little free time to help? Please join the official first day of planting on Saturday, May 29, at 9 a.m. The rain date is Sunday, May 30 at the same time. Projects include planting, pruning, and filling the compost pile. Bring your green thumb, too.
Produce grown in the garden will be donated to a local food pantry or soup kitchen. Let's hope for a great growing season!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Holiday Folk Fair International Features Abundance of Music and Dance
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- How to Deep Fry a Turkey (safely)
- Local Resident Participates in A CHRISTMAS CAROL at Sunset Playhouse
- Holiday Folk Fair International Names Apinya Jordan Chairperson
- JBF Holiday Consignment Sale Starts Wednesday
- New Wellness Center in Thiensville
- Milwaukee Concert Band: Ringing in the Christmas Season