Students, parents and staff at Brown Deer High School started a Peace Garden last year. The garden is located east of the school just over the bridge connecting the school to the Brown Deer Library. It's now time to begin planting the 2010 Peace Garden. The help of community members is welcome and appreciated.
Do you have extra plants, seeds, garden tools, expertise or a little free time to help? Please join the official first day of planting on Saturday, May 29, at 9 a.m. The rain date is Sunday, May 30 at the same time. Projects include planting, pruning, and filling the compost pile. Bring your green thumb, too.
Produce grown in the garden will be donated to a local food pantry or soup kitchen. Let's hope for a great growing season!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- My motivation to quit smoking
- Local Middle School Youth experience 50 years of fashion
- Local tween honored as finalist in national Future She-E-O contest