Students, parents and staff at Brown Deer High School started a Peace Garden last year. The garden is located east of the school just over the bridge connecting the school to the Brown Deer Library. It's now time to begin planting the 2010 Peace Garden. The help of community members is welcome and appreciated.
Do you have extra plants, seeds, garden tools, expertise or a little free time to help? Please join the official first day of planting on Saturday, May 29, at 9 a.m. The rain date is Sunday, May 30 at the same time. Projects include planting, pruning, and filling the compost pile. Bring your green thumb, too.
Produce grown in the garden will be donated to a local food pantry or soup kitchen. Let's hope for a great growing season!
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- Wine Women Word
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Memorial Day Free Admission to the Museum
- Big Cedar Lake Resorts & Businesses
- Last week for residents to apply for Milwaukee County Energy Assistance Program
- Career Fitness Camps for High School Students to be Held at MATC’s Mequon Campus in July and August