The BDJWC is a local group of women that do several fundraisers throughout the year which include two rummage sales and the Holly Days Art & Craft Sale. The funds go back into the community. Most of the money the club raises is used for the benefit of the education of women and children from the Village of Brown Deer and for other projects that benefit the citizens of Brown Deer.
Each year the BDJWC holds an annual Short Story and Poetry Contest within the school district, grades K through 12. There are several categories based on grade levels. On Wednesday evening the winners of the contest were awarded their prizes. This year’s recipients were as follows:
1st Prize Category 1 (Grade 3) Ryan Kuesel “Tiny Frog”
1st Prize Category 3 (Grade 7) Elizabeth Avila “The Hostage”
2nd Prize Category 3 (Grade 7) Kendall Laurent “Weeping Willow”
1st Prize Category 1 (Grade 3) Kalli Noll “Leopard”
2nd Prize Category 1 (Grade 3) Jennifer Huyler “MyAdventure”
1st Prize Category 3 (Grade 7) Karissa Lyman “Kiwi the Parrot”
2nd Prize Category 3 (Grade 7) Joyce Biddle “Tammy the Time Traveler”
Refreshments were served after the awards. Many thanks for all of those who participated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- Milwaukee Lutheran's Bel Canto Choir Presents Riverdance Musical Selections Dec. 14-15
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Santa Visits Granville in Milwaukee on December 14
- Celebrate the Season with Rite-Hite Family YMCA Santa’s Workshop Event
- Winter Wonderland coming to Mequon