This month our own Fall’s library is alive with local art work. We have seen our local teacher’s art and local student’s art, and now you can take in the creations of the Art Guild members. The Guild has 58 members with varied mediums, styles, and techniques. This year’s show features nearly 100 pieces and can be viewed everyday during regular library hours. Menomonee Falls is blessed to have a resource like this library available to all. If this were not enough, this public building now doubles as an Art exhibit. Art can do so much for our surroundings. Each piece does different things for different people. They entertain some, sooth others, bring cheer, rekindle memories and evoke thought. Make time to visit this exhibit and see what the art does for you.
The show runs from May 4th thru 25th and can be viewed during all regular library hours. There are programs near the front entrance with artist bios and list of most pieces shown. The Guild also invites you to leave comments in our guest book and we welcome you to VOTE for your favorite piece or pieces. We hope you enjoy the show and bring family and friends. Visit several times - you may see something you missed or discover a new viewpoint to a piece you’ve seen before. Maybe you will be inspired by the art to read something different.
On Tuesday, May 25th at 6:30pm the Art Guild will hold a Closing Reception. Meet the artists, discover who takes home the People’s Choice Award, enjoy some light refreshments, or maybe even purchase your favorite piece.
If you would like to know more about the Art Guild of Menomonee Falls, please call 414-719-6613, visit our website: artguildmf.org OR email us at artguildmf @yahoo.com
You can also get the latest on what our group is up to by checking our local Express News or right here on mycommunityNOW.com.
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- World-Renowned Milwaukee Artist Elisha Ben Yitzhak to Host Solo Art Show in Mequon-Thiensville
- Wisconsin Sea Grant Invites Residents to Public Meeting to Discuss Changing Lake Michigan Water Levels and Coastal Bluffs
- Rogers Memorial Hospital Foundation Offers Care Grants for OCD and Anxiety Treatment
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps