An Environmental Studies School Course, “The Living Earth”, will be offered on May 7 and 8, 2010 from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. daily at Havenwoods Environmental Awareness Center, 6141 N. Hopkins Street, Milwaukee, WI 53209.
This school is open to the public and all NGC Garden Club Members and is sponsored by the Wisconsin Garden Club Federation – Milwaukee District. Required reading is The National Gardener (1 year with 4 issues per year) and textbook Living in the Environment (7th edition or later) – G. Tyler Miller, Jr. available from NGC, Inc., the Internet and bookstores.
Please wear weather appropriate clothing and shoes as course may include outdoor activities and field trip. See WCGF website http://www.wisconsingardenclub.org/page/home.jsp to down load registration form or contact local chair, Carole Hopp (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 414-771-7979 for more information. WGCF Website will have further information on the vocabulary list, chapters of required reading, daily schedule, map and directions to Havenwoods and Instructor curriculum vitae. Area hotel information is also available upon request.
This is the third course in a series of four that will be presented. Remaining course are Spring Fall 2010. Although you may take the course for personal enrichment, anyone wishing to become an Environmental Consultant accredited by NGC, Inc., must complete all four courses and pass an open book exam on the last day of each course. The Environmental Studies School’s chair is Elaine Seeliger.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CONGRATULATIONS TO WOMAN’S SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- My motivation to quit smoking