An Environmental Studies School Course, “The Living Earth”, will be offered on May 7 and 8, 2010 from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. daily at Havenwoods Environmental Awareness Center, 6141 N. Hopkins Street, Milwaukee, WI 53209.
This school is open to the public and all NGC Garden Club Members and is sponsored by the Wisconsin Garden Club Federation – Milwaukee District. Required reading is The National Gardener (1 year with 4 issues per year) and textbook Living in the Environment (7th edition or later) – G. Tyler Miller, Jr. available from NGC, Inc., the Internet and bookstores.
Please wear weather appropriate clothing and shoes as course may include outdoor activities and field trip. See WCGF website http://www.wisconsingardenclub.org/page/home.jsp to down load registration form or contact local chair, Carole Hopp (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 414-771-7979 for more information. WGCF Website will have further information on the vocabulary list, chapters of required reading, daily schedule, map and directions to Havenwoods and Instructor curriculum vitae. Area hotel information is also available upon request.
This is the third course in a series of four that will be presented. Remaining course are Spring Fall 2010. Although you may take the course for personal enrichment, anyone wishing to become an Environmental Consultant accredited by NGC, Inc., must complete all four courses and pass an open book exam on the last day of each course. The Environmental Studies School’s chair is Elaine Seeliger.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Player Alumni Resources Announces Second Annual Green Bay Packers Alumni Charity Fishing Tournament & VIP Event to Benefit Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Trivia Night at Saint Anthony's Parish
- Annex Wealth Management to Host Women, Wine & Wealth - A "Sandwich Generation" Break February 24 at Harvey's Central Grill
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Talk on Religion, Ecology and Identity in Southern Africa at UWM Feb. 19
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee NARI Gold Award
- Nicolet High School Presents James and the Giant Peach
- Fun Fair is Coming to Brown Deer!