An Environmental Studies School Course, “The Living Earth”, will be offered on May 7 and 8, 2010 from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. daily at Havenwoods Environmental Awareness Center, 6141 N. Hopkins Street, Milwaukee, WI 53209.
This school is open to the public and all NGC Garden Club Members and is sponsored by the Wisconsin Garden Club Federation – Milwaukee District. Required reading is The National Gardener (1 year with 4 issues per year) and textbook Living in the Environment (7th edition or later) – G. Tyler Miller, Jr. available from NGC, Inc., the Internet and bookstores.
Please wear weather appropriate clothing and shoes as course may include outdoor activities and field trip. See WCGF website http://www.wisconsingardenclub.org/page/home.jsp to down load registration form or contact local chair, Carole Hopp (email@example.com) or 414-771-7979 for more information. WGCF Website will have further information on the vocabulary list, chapters of required reading, daily schedule, map and directions to Havenwoods and Instructor curriculum vitae. Area hotel information is also available upon request.
This is the third course in a series of four that will be presented. Remaining course are Spring Fall 2010. Although you may take the course for personal enrichment, anyone wishing to become an Environmental Consultant accredited by NGC, Inc., must complete all four courses and pass an open book exam on the last day of each course. The Environmental Studies School’s chair is Elaine Seeliger.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Holiday Folk Fair International Features Abundance of Music and Dance
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- How to Deep Fry a Turkey (safely)
- Local Resident Participates in A CHRISTMAS CAROL at Sunset Playhouse
- Holiday Folk Fair International Names Apinya Jordan Chairperson
- JBF Holiday Consignment Sale Starts Wednesday
- New Wellness Center in Thiensville
- Milwaukee Concert Band: Ringing in the Christmas Season