Ten high school students from Brown Deer traveled to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin to attend the 45th annual Wisconsin DECA State Career Development Conference, held March 9 – 11th. This conference was attended by over 1,000 of the best students in business and marketing from across the state. Student competed in over 20 events, hoping to make a spot on the team that would represent Wisconsin at the International Conference.
Student’s qualifying for Wisconsin’s team, which will travel to Louisville, Kentucky at the end of April were the following:
Sean Andryauskas (4th place, Travel and Tourism team)
Brenda Barrales (Gold Chapter)
Dan Becker (4th place, Ad Campaign team and 4th place, Travel and Tourism team)
Rob Davis (4th place, Ad Campaign team)
Brian Michalica (Gold Student)
Steven Wade (3rd place, Principles of Business Administration- Hopsitality)
Kelsey Wangler (Gold Student)
Geoff Gilles also medaled in his event, Business Services and Kelsey Greuel was a series finalist in her event, Hospitality Services.
Brown Deer’s DECA chapter is coached by advisor, Christine Slater, who serves at the business/marketing teacher at Brown Deer High School. To learn more about DECA or any of the business programs, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Villa at Bradley Estates to Host June 20 Open House
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Booster and Car Seat Safety Check
- Village of Shorewood Seeks Artists for Plein Air Art Festival
- Piano Smash Fundraiser
- GROWING YOUR BUSINESS IN A DOWN ECONOMY WORKSHOP IS LESS THAN 2 WEEKS AWAY
- Grassroots Northshore Forum
- Seniors Summer Picnic
- Wisconsin Ranks 20th for Senior Health
- JJ Singer graduates with a Doctorate in Pharmacy