Ten high school students from Brown Deer traveled to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin to attend the 45th annual Wisconsin DECA State Career Development Conference, held March 9 – 11th. This conference was attended by over 1,000 of the best students in business and marketing from across the state. Student competed in over 20 events, hoping to make a spot on the team that would represent Wisconsin at the International Conference.
Student’s qualifying for Wisconsin’s team, which will travel to Louisville, Kentucky at the end of April were the following:
Sean Andryauskas (4th place, Travel and Tourism team)
Brenda Barrales (Gold Chapter)
Dan Becker (4th place, Ad Campaign team and 4th place, Travel and Tourism team)
Rob Davis (4th place, Ad Campaign team)
Brian Michalica (Gold Student)
Steven Wade (3rd place, Principles of Business Administration- Hopsitality)
Kelsey Wangler (Gold Student)
Geoff Gilles also medaled in his event, Business Services and Kelsey Greuel was a series finalist in her event, Hospitality Services.
Brown Deer’s DECA chapter is coached by advisor, Christine Slater, who serves at the business/marketing teacher at Brown Deer High School. To learn more about DECA or any of the business programs, please contact her at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- Brown Deer Campus River Clean Up
- Take Care of Your Mouth
- Tri County YMCA Healthy Kids Day April 26th
- Car Seat Round-Up Day
- Johnson’s Gardens Names Lanora Haradon Location Manager
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School Presents the Musical “Annie,” April 25 - 27
- April 27, 2014 - SAVE THE DATE! Annual Early Bird Rummage Sale
- Easter Egg Hunt at Christian Life Church