Ten high school students from Brown Deer traveled to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin to attend the 45th annual Wisconsin DECA State Career Development Conference, held March 9 – 11th. This conference was attended by over 1,000 of the best students in business and marketing from across the state. Student competed in over 20 events, hoping to make a spot on the team that would represent Wisconsin at the International Conference.
Student’s qualifying for Wisconsin’s team, which will travel to Louisville, Kentucky at the end of April were the following:
Sean Andryauskas (4th place, Travel and Tourism team)
Brenda Barrales (Gold Chapter)
Dan Becker (4th place, Ad Campaign team and 4th place, Travel and Tourism team)
Rob Davis (4th place, Ad Campaign team)
Brian Michalica (Gold Student)
Steven Wade (3rd place, Principles of Business Administration- Hopsitality)
Kelsey Wangler (Gold Student)
Geoff Gilles also medaled in his event, Business Services and Kelsey Greuel was a series finalist in her event, Hospitality Services.
Brown Deer’s DECA chapter is coached by advisor, Christine Slater, who serves at the business/marketing teacher at Brown Deer High School. To learn more about DECA or any of the business programs, please contact her at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee/NARI Gold Award
- Theran Stautz Joins R.A. Smith National as Ecologist, Project Manager
- St. Robert Annual Pancake Breakfast/School Open House this Sunday
- 2015 Saint Anthony's Parish School Endowment Fund Auction
- “Wiscon-Sing” Benefit performance for the Schlitz Audubon Center
- Girls Select 12u Fastpitch Tryouts
- Brilliant DPI Expands Office Space to Offer Additional Services
- Winter Frolic at the Mequon Nature Preserve