NEW Kids at the Y Program focuses on solutions for overweight children ages 7 to 17
The Rite-Hite Family YMCA is offering a program during the New Year to provide families with the support needed to reach healthier lifestyles. Families that are seeking the support for issues related to an overweight child can become involved in the NEW Kids at the Y program. This community-based program provides families with nutrition and exercise education in a comfortable, family-friendly atmosphere. It is designed to help families improve their health and weight so that medical problems are avoided.
The Rite-Hite Family YMCA, located at 9250 N. Green Bay Road, is one of four Milwaukee area YMCA centers currently offering the program. The next program session will be held on Monday evenings from 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm, January 11 – February 15, 2010. The program is open to YMCA members and community participants.
The cost of the six week program is $60 for members and $75 for non members who will receive full YMCA member benefits while enrolled. Scholarships are available based on your total household income.
For more information please contact NEW Kids at the Y program manager Deb Ruesch at (414) 454-4636 or send your inquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with NEW Kids in the subject line.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Home & Garden Show Runs March 25-29
- 6 Break-in within 2 blocks over the last week. Not a cop in sight
- Village of Brown Deer To Roll Out The Barrels This Summer
- Campus Notes
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive