Pathologist Dr. Alexandra Harrington Joins College Faculty
Alexandra Harrington, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pathology at The Medical College of Wisconsin and to the medical staff at Froedtert Hospital, a major teaching affiliate of the College. Board certified in anatomical and clinical pathology, she specializes in diagnosing diseases of the blood, bone marrow and lymph nodes.
Dr. Harrington’s research interests include the application of flow cytometry to the diagnosis of bone marrow disorders such as myelodysplastic syndromes, and ancillary studies in multiple myeloma, including flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry. Immunohistochemistry is stain that detects proteins in tissues that are associated with a variety of diseases.
She completed a hematopathology fellowship in 2009 and a residency in anatomical and clinical pathology in 2008, both at the Medical College.
Dr. Harrington received her medical degree from the Medical College in 2004 and a bachelor of science in medical technology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1998.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer Girls Youth Basketball
- Register for the Rite-Hite Family YMCA Kids Club by August 12!
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- Brown Deer Artist at Firefly Art Fair
- Taste of Mequon
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Cell phones and 911.
- Falls Youth Art on Display at MF Froedert Medical Clinic
- Plein Air Painting Competition Announced as Part of Concordia's Lake Moon Festival Aug. 9
- Harbor Senior Living Development Construction Begins