Pathologist Dr. Alexandra Harrington Joins College Faculty
Alexandra Harrington, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pathology at The Medical College of Wisconsin and to the medical staff at Froedtert Hospital, a major teaching affiliate of the College. Board certified in anatomical and clinical pathology, she specializes in diagnosing diseases of the blood, bone marrow and lymph nodes.
Dr. Harrington’s research interests include the application of flow cytometry to the diagnosis of bone marrow disorders such as myelodysplastic syndromes, and ancillary studies in multiple myeloma, including flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry. Immunohistochemistry is stain that detects proteins in tissues that are associated with a variety of diseases.
She completed a hematopathology fellowship in 2009 and a residency in anatomical and clinical pathology in 2008, both at the Medical College.
Dr. Harrington received her medical degree from the Medical College in 2004 and a bachelor of science in medical technology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1998.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- BUNCO BASH! - IT'S THIS SATURDAY - DON'T MISS! - REGISTER NOW!
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory
- Milwaukee-based SASI has expanded its service offerings to include Health Savings Accounts - adds staff
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary
- BDCRG - Candidate Forum
- Woman's Scholarship Available
- Flat Rate Home Services Urges Consumers To Be Aware Of Space Heater Dangers