Pathologist Dr. Alexandra Harrington Joins College Faculty
Alexandra Harrington, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pathology at The Medical College of Wisconsin and to the medical staff at Froedtert Hospital, a major teaching affiliate of the College. Board certified in anatomical and clinical pathology, she specializes in diagnosing diseases of the blood, bone marrow and lymph nodes.
Dr. Harrington’s research interests include the application of flow cytometry to the diagnosis of bone marrow disorders such as myelodysplastic syndromes, and ancillary studies in multiple myeloma, including flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry. Immunohistochemistry is stain that detects proteins in tissues that are associated with a variety of diseases.
She completed a hematopathology fellowship in 2009 and a residency in anatomical and clinical pathology in 2008, both at the Medical College.
Dr. Harrington received her medical degree from the Medical College in 2004 and a bachelor of science in medical technology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1998.
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- World-Renowned Milwaukee Artist Elisha Ben Yitzhak to Host Solo Art Show in Mequon-Thiensville
- Wisconsin Sea Grant Invites Residents to Public Meeting to Discuss Changing Lake Michigan Water Levels and Coastal Bluffs
- Rogers Memorial Hospital Foundation Offers Care Grants for OCD and Anxiety Treatment
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps