Dr. John Dellinger is joining Concordia University Wisconsin’s School of Pharmacy and brings with him three decades of pharmacology/toxicology research and teaching experience. Dr. Dellinger will be the Chair of the Department of Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences and also serve as the Associate Dean of Research. He will develop the curriculum for the department and also hire faculty members for the opening of the school in fall 2010.
A 1984 PhD graduate from the University of Illinois, Dr. Dellinger most recently taught in the UWM College of Health Sciences and hopes to make a big impact in his new role at Concordia.
“I want to bring a new perspective to the students who attend Concordia University Wisconsin’s School of Pharmacy,” said Dr. Dellinger. “I want students to have a unique and different experience, but at the same time provide them with the foundation they need in pharmaceutical sciences,” he added.
Dr. Dellinger’s pharmacology research and teaching stems from his early days at the University of Illinois Aviation Research Laboratory and College of Veterinary Medicine and to this day he remains current as a commercial pilot and flight instructor. He is an active member of the American Society of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET) and the International Society of Environmental Epidemiology (ISEE).
For the past decade Dr. Dellinger has served the U.S. State Department on the Health Professionals Task Force (HPTF) of the International Joint Commission (IJC) and was recently nominated to serve as the U.S. designated HPTF Co-Chair.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- Milwaukee Lutheran's Bel Canto Choir Presents Riverdance Musical Selections Dec. 14-15
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Santa Visits Granville in Milwaukee on December 14
- Celebrate the Season with Rite-Hite Family YMCA Santa’s Workshop Event
- Winter Wonderland coming to Mequon
- Holiday Folk Fair International Names Marilyn Douglas and Curt Winterfeldt Co- Chairs