The School District of Brown Deer's Annual Meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 20, in the Middle School gymansium at 7:00 p.m. All residents of Brown Deer who are US citizens, 18 years of age or older, and who have resided in the Village for at least 10 days are eligible to vote a tax for the operation of the schools per Wisconsin statute.
A budget will be presented that has been constructed to meet the operational needs of the schools. It represents the lowest possible tax levy to preserve class sizes, quality programming, and opportunities for all children while also seeking to lessen the impact on village taxpayers during these difficult economic times.
During the past year monthly meetings were held with the Finance and Facilities Committee, the Teaching and Learning Committee, and the Board of Education to diligently prioritize adjustments and reductions across all levels of district operations. It is the responsibility of the elected school board working with the administration and staff to identify and advocate for the programs and services our children need to be successful in their futures. What is proposed meets those needs in a responsible way - for students and taxpayers.
Plan now to join us on October 20 to learn more and to focus not only on the short term needs of our children, but also the long term needs that will shape the district's future and the future of our Brown Deer community.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Hires Brown Deer Resident
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir Presents "Glad Tidings of Great Joy"
- 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Teams Brings the Seton Banner Back to St. Mary Parish School
- Dr. Catherine Ferderbar Awarded for Outstanding Teaching and Service
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13