Parents Advocating for Cultural Equality & Educational Excellence (PACE3) presents Suburban Schools: The New Multicultural Learning Environment? on Thursday, October 1 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Whitefish Bay High School Cafeteria. The presentation by Dr. Thandeka Chapman, Association Professor of Urban Education in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee will be the featured speaker. The event includes a light supper and is free and open to the public.
Dr. Chapman's talk will focus on suburban schools as the new centers of cultural diversity; what demographic changes mean for parents, teachers and schools; and how schools and families can cultivate successful relationships that support ALL students' social, emotional and academic growth.
Dr. Chapman recently co-edited The History of Multicultural Education in the U.S.
Co-sponsors for this event are Advocates for Education, the Multi-Ethnic Parent Association, and the school districts of Brown Deer, Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, Mequon-Thiensville, Nicolet, Shorewood, University School, Wauwatosa and Whitefish Bay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Memorial Lutheran Church to host 2nd Annual Fall Faith Fair this weekend!
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Local Wins Gold Award for Middle-Grade Book, 'George Knows'.
- Brown Deer's Christina Crawford performs in A Tale of Two Cities
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- SpirTed will perform on Saturday,September 20th
- Brown Deer Girls Basketball Club - Parents Meeting
- Izayah Briggs will appear in Milwaukee Rep's The Color Purple
- Russ Darrow Group Opens Mazda Dealership in Milwaukee