Parents Advocating for Cultural Equality & Educational Excellence (PACE3) presents Suburban Schools: The New Multicultural Learning Environment? on Thursday, October 1 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Whitefish Bay High School Cafeteria. The presentation by Dr. Thandeka Chapman, Association Professor of Urban Education in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee will be the featured speaker. The event includes a light supper and is free and open to the public.
Dr. Chapman's talk will focus on suburban schools as the new centers of cultural diversity; what demographic changes mean for parents, teachers and schools; and how schools and families can cultivate successful relationships that support ALL students' social, emotional and academic growth.
Dr. Chapman recently co-edited The History of Multicultural Education in the U.S.
Co-sponsors for this event are Advocates for Education, the Multi-Ethnic Parent Association, and the school districts of Brown Deer, Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, Mequon-Thiensville, Nicolet, Shorewood, University School, Wauwatosa and Whitefish Bay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Hires Brown Deer Resident
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir Presents "Glad Tidings of Great Joy"
- 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Teams Brings the Seton Banner Back to St. Mary Parish School
- Dr. Catherine Ferderbar Awarded for Outstanding Teaching and Service
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13
- Join the Fun at Mequon's Winter Wonderland
- Rogers Foundation Collecting Toys and Other Gifts for Patients