Parents Advocating for Cultural Equality & Educational Excellence (PACE3) presents Suburban Schools: The New Multicultural Learning Environment? on Thursday, October 1 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Whitefish Bay High School Cafeteria. The presentation by Dr. Thandeka Chapman, Association Professor of Urban Education in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee will be the featured speaker. The event includes a light supper and is free and open to the public.
Dr. Chapman's talk will focus on suburban schools as the new centers of cultural diversity; what demographic changes mean for parents, teachers and schools; and how schools and families can cultivate successful relationships that support ALL students' social, emotional and academic growth.
Dr. Chapman recently co-edited The History of Multicultural Education in the U.S.
Co-sponsors for this event are Advocates for Education, the Multi-Ethnic Parent Association, and the school districts of Brown Deer, Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, Mequon-Thiensville, Nicolet, Shorewood, University School, Wauwatosa and Whitefish Bay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- BUNCO BASH! - IT'S THIS SATURDAY - DON'T MISS! - REGISTER NOW!
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory
- Milwaukee-based SASI has expanded its service offerings to include Health Savings Accounts - adds staff
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary
- BDCRG - Candidate Forum
- Woman's Scholarship Available
- Flat Rate Home Services Urges Consumers To Be Aware Of Space Heater Dangers