On the first play of the game, the 8th grade Brown Deer Falcons fumbled the ball and it was recovered by the St. Francis Warriors. This foreshadowed a game which was to be marked by turnovers throughout; the Falcons came out victorious, however, with a score of 8-6.
After the one offensive play in the first quarter, the Falcons’ defense tried to hold back the Warrior onslaught with memorable tackles by Ben Schwartz, KeyJuan Simond, Kennedy McGuigan, Randy Gregory, Bilal Malas, Ben Fuja, Kimani Miller, Noah Ortiz, and Ethan Williams.
With the score 0-0 going into the second quarter, Ryan Hudson came in as quarterback and was able to put together a drive with passes to Stephen Lay and two to Simond (one a touchdown). Hudson also ran for a first down, and there were runs by Elijah Fort, Josh Mallet, and McGuigan. After a Hudson PAT, and with time winding down, Hudson covered up a Warriors fumble and then, as quarterback, was sacked as time ran out in the half.
The kickoff at the start of the second half was run back inside the 50 by McGuigan, but another fumble on the snap was covered up by the Warriors. Offensive carries by Fuja and Mallet both resulted in first downs, but the Falcons could not make anything of it.
On defense against the Warriors, tackles were made by Carl Perkins, Greg Okray, Gregory, Ortiz, Simond, and Schwartz. Simond made a strong defensive play during the quarter, intercepting a pass deep in Brown Deer territory. A wild snap by the Warrior offense resulted in a live ball covered up by Malas.
In the fourth quarter, the Falcons took the ball away from the Warriors twice with Perkins stripping the ball from the carrier, then after a Warriors touchdown made the game 8-6, Kaine Thomas intercepted the PAT thrown to keep the Warriors from scoring. The Falcons also turned the ball over once during the quarter, as well.
It was a gripping game, and Brown Deer came out victorious. The next game will be in Brown Deer against Greendale on Saturday, October 3rd at 1:00pm. Everyone is invited to attend free of charge. Join the Brown Deer Football group on Facebook for pictures, and find more information at http://www.eteamz.com/bdyf/calendar/
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- BUNCO BASH! - IT'S THIS SATURDAY - DON'T MISS! - REGISTER NOW!
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory
- Milwaukee-based SASI has expanded its service offerings to include Health Savings Accounts - adds staff
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary
- BDCRG - Candidate Forum
- Woman's Scholarship Available
- Flat Rate Home Services Urges Consumers To Be Aware Of Space Heater Dangers