WASTE MANAGEMENT ANNOUNCES AMERICAN TV TO JOIN NATIONWIDE ELECTRONICS RECYCLING TAKE BACK PROGRAM
Germantown, Wis. -- Sept. 25, 2009 -- Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE: WM) announced today that American TV has become a partner in its nationwide electronics-recycling program with LG Electronics and Sony Electronics. American TV is the largest retailer to join the program.
American TV’s participation allows consumers to drop off televisions, monitors, computers and other consumer electronics from brand labels Sony, LG, Zenith and Goldstar for recycling free of charge at any of American TV’s 15 stores. Consumers will have the convenience of recycling those electronics at six Wisconsin stores, including American TV & Appliance in Brown Deer, 6700 W. Brown Deer Rd.; in Oak Creek, 9191 South 13th St.; and Waukesha, 229N1400 Westwood Dr.
Developed with Waste Management’s subsidiary WM Recycle America LLC, the Electronics Recycling Program was launched in August 2007 with Sony Electronics, and LG Electronics joined in August 2008. The program provides consumers with a convenient way of recycling tens of millions of their used, unwanted, obsolete or damaged consumer electronic products by dropping them off at a designated Waste Management eCycling Center.
“People are seeking services to help them recycle electronic waste responsibly and economically,” said Michael Fleming, area vice president for Waste Management. “This program serves Wisconsin consumers’ needs by offering a convenient and cost-effective waste management solution, while demonstrating our shared commitment to providing outstanding customer service and leadership in environmental stewardship.”
”We are very pleased to be part of this program, and to be able to offer our customers convenient, responsible recycling options for their old electronics,” said Paul Kollberg, American TV vice president. “And based on early response, there appears to be a great demand for this service among our customer base.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Hires Brown Deer Resident
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir Presents "Glad Tidings of Great Joy"
- 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Teams Brings the Seton Banner Back to St. Mary Parish School
- Dr. Catherine Ferderbar Awarded for Outstanding Teaching and Service
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13