Supervisor Rice Commends County Executive for Fully Funding Human Services Without Raising Taxes
Milwaukee County Supervisor Joseph Rice today expressed support for County Executive Scott Walker’s budget provisions which maintain core services in Milwaukee County without raising taxes.
Earlier this week the County Executive announced that he intends to maintain, and in some cases moderately increase, funding for safety net programs such as homeless shelters, disability, and other services relied upon by vulnerable Milwaukee County residents.
“This is welcome news from the County Executive who is to be commended for preserving core services in Milwaukee County despite the overwhelming budget deficit facing Milwaukee County,” Rice stated. “The County’s budget shortfalls, estimated at up to $90 million, require tough decisions and the County Executive appears to be fashioning a budget that respects both the neediest of populations and county taxpayers.”
The County Executive announced on separate occasions his intention to fully maintain funding for low income families, children and disabled individuals. His budget is anticipated to preserve core services and increase the Family Care Program to cover persons with disabilities between the ages 18-59 without raising taxes on county families at an economic juncture when they can ill afford it.
“Contrary to the recent assertions, the dire fiscal constraints and crises throughout Milwaukee County departments remain real and significant. To his credit, the County Executive’s recommended budget addresses this crisis in a way that will cause the least harm,” Rice added.
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake