The Art Guild of Menomonee Falls will hold its first meeting of the 09/10 art season on Tuesday September 22nd. Now in its fourth year, the Guild has well over 50 area Artists in our group and we hope to build on this in the coming year. Our Meetings take place on the 4th Tuesday of each month at the Falls Public Library. Social gathering starts at 6:00 pm followed by the business meeting and then the Artist’s Series session.
This month we have guest speaker Carolyn Brady. Carolyn’s topic will be Artist Trading Cards (ATCs). These artistic miniatures are works of art measuring 2.5 x 3.5 inches that are made to be traded between artists. They can be made in any media on any subject. The idea behind the cards is an economical way for Artists of any media to create their art in familiar methods or try something new without spending much on supplies. The Artists can then trade their works with other artists thus generating a collection of art without the cost of being a collector. The act of trading becomes a wonderful interaction between artists, opening a dialog between people of varied mediums.
Brady’s appearance will include hands on time as well, for those who just love to dive in and create new things. Carolyn’s expertise in ATCs is second to none in the area. From those just starting to the seasoned pro, Brady will have the insight needed for all. There are many opportunities in the area to get involved with trading groups, classes or individuals and this is the perfect way to get started.
Please join us for this great kick off to the new year with the Guild. Bring your favorite medium and tools and create your own ATC with us. Visit us at 6:00pm on Tuesday September 22nd at the Falls Library and see what a fun and creative group we are. The Art Guild of Menomonee Falls welcomes anyone at any level, 18 years and up that likes to create, collect, or support the efforts of our local art community.
AGMF Development Chair
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Hires Brown Deer Resident
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir Presents "Glad Tidings of Great Joy"
- 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Teams Brings the Seton Banner Back to St. Mary Parish School
- Dr. Catherine Ferderbar Awarded for Outstanding Teaching and Service
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13