The Music Department at Concordia University Wisconsin announced the appointment of Dr. Alexa Doebele as Assistant Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities at CUW.
Dr. Doebele will be joining Dr. John A. Behnke, Dr. James W. Freese, Prof. Lynn J. Little, and Dr. Louis A. Menchaca in the Music Department and take over the responsibilities previously held by Dr. Kenneth T. Kosche, which includes directing the Kammerchor Choir. Dr. Kosche served at Concordia from 1978 until his retirement in the spring of 2009. Dr. Doebele knows she has big shoes to fill and believes she’s up for the challenge.
“I’m very excited to be here at Concordia University Wisconsin,” said Dr. Doebele. “I’m looking forward to meeting the students over the next few months and making memorable music with them,” she added.
Prior to joining Concordia’s Music Department, Dr. Doebele taught at the University of Wyoming-Laramie and the University of Colorado-Boulder. She was also the Director of Music at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Wheat Ridge, Colorado and recently earned her doctoral degree in choral conducting and literature from the University of Colorado-Boulder.
Dr. Doebele will be in charge of all music department vocal performing ensembles at CUW. She will also have teaching assignments in the Masters of Church Music program. Dr. Doebele’s official duties at CUW begin on Aug. 16th.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SHOREWOOD CDA ADVANCES NORTHWOODS RENOVATION AND RIVER BLUFF SENIOR HOUSING PROJECTS
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee Montessori School Announces Annual Gala Fundraising Event
- BD Juniors to Host Candidate Public Forum
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures
- WHO WAS ROSEBUD?
- The Arboretum Hosts "Moving Forward: A Senior's Guide to Home Selling and Housing Options"
- Polynesian Cultural Entertainment – Free Library Program
- BDCRG Candidate Forum