The Music Department at Concordia University Wisconsin announced the appointment of Dr. Alexa Doebele as Assistant Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities at CUW.
Dr. Doebele will be joining Dr. John A. Behnke, Dr. James W. Freese, Prof. Lynn J. Little, and Dr. Louis A. Menchaca in the Music Department and take over the responsibilities previously held by Dr. Kenneth T. Kosche, which includes directing the Kammerchor Choir. Dr. Kosche served at Concordia from 1978 until his retirement in the spring of 2009. Dr. Doebele knows she has big shoes to fill and believes she’s up for the challenge.
“I’m very excited to be here at Concordia University Wisconsin,” said Dr. Doebele. “I’m looking forward to meeting the students over the next few months and making memorable music with them,” she added.
Prior to joining Concordia’s Music Department, Dr. Doebele taught at the University of Wyoming-Laramie and the University of Colorado-Boulder. She was also the Director of Music at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Wheat Ridge, Colorado and recently earned her doctoral degree in choral conducting and literature from the University of Colorado-Boulder.
Dr. Doebele will be in charge of all music department vocal performing ensembles at CUW. She will also have teaching assignments in the Masters of Church Music program. Dr. Doebele’s official duties at CUW begin on Aug. 16th.
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- World-Renowned Milwaukee Artist Elisha Ben Yitzhak to Host Solo Art Show in Mequon-Thiensville
- Wisconsin Sea Grant Invites Residents to Public Meeting to Discuss Changing Lake Michigan Water Levels and Coastal Bluffs
- Rogers Memorial Hospital Foundation Offers Care Grants for OCD and Anxiety Treatment
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps