Help Make a Difference in the School Year of another Student
Every year, thousands of children attend school without the necessary supplies. The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee’s Urban Campus Board, in partnership with community donors and volunteers, hope to change this reality for school-aged children in Milwaukee. The “Backpacks for Strong Kids” program will provide backpacks filled with school supplies to 3,000 area children for the 2009-2010 school year.
How can you help? We need donations. Backpacks may be donated new or gently used. Many times, kids get a new backpack each year—why not donate your son or daughter’s backpack from last year? Donations are being collected at the Rite-Hite Family YMCA, located at the YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Village on 9250 N. Green Bay Road.
School supplies are also needed. Please consider donating one or more of the following: Ballpoint pens, #2 pencils, cap erasers, colored pencils, crayons, erasers, hand-held pencil sharpeners, Kleenex, loose leaf paper, markers, pocket folders, protractors, rulers, scissors, spiral notebooks, three-ring binders and Ziploc bags.
Should you have any questions or want to participate in the Backpacks for Kids drive, please contact Rafael Garcia at 414-374-9441 or email@example.com. Let’s take action and provide students with the supplies necessary to succeed!
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- Wine Women Word
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Memorial Day Free Admission to the Museum
- Big Cedar Lake Resorts & Businesses