Help Make a Difference in the School Year of another Student
Every year, thousands of children attend school without the necessary supplies. The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee’s Urban Campus Board, in partnership with community donors and volunteers, hope to change this reality for school-aged children in Milwaukee. The “Backpacks for Strong Kids” program will provide backpacks filled with school supplies to 3,000 area children for the 2009-2010 school year.
How can you help? We need donations. Backpacks may be donated new or gently used. Many times, kids get a new backpack each year—why not donate your son or daughter’s backpack from last year? Donations are being collected at the Rite-Hite Family YMCA, located at the YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Village on 9250 N. Green Bay Road.
School supplies are also needed. Please consider donating one or more of the following: Ballpoint pens, #2 pencils, cap erasers, colored pencils, crayons, erasers, hand-held pencil sharpeners, Kleenex, loose leaf paper, markers, pocket folders, protractors, rulers, scissors, spiral notebooks, three-ring binders and Ziploc bags.
Should you have any questions or want to participate in the Backpacks for Kids drive, please contact Rafael Garcia at 414-374-9441 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s take action and provide students with the supplies necessary to succeed!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Home & Garden Show Runs March 25-29
- 6 Break-in within 2 blocks over the last week. Not a cop in sight
- Village of Brown Deer To Roll Out The Barrels This Summer
- Campus Notes
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive