Help Make a Difference in the School Year of another Student
Every year, thousands of children attend school without the necessary supplies. The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee’s Urban Campus Board, in partnership with community donors and volunteers, hope to change this reality for school-aged children in Milwaukee. The “Backpacks for Strong Kids” program will provide backpacks filled with school supplies to 3,000 area children for the 2009-2010 school year.
How can you help? We need donations. Backpacks may be donated new or gently used. Many times, kids get a new backpack each year—why not donate your son or daughter’s backpack from last year? Donations are being collected at the Rite-Hite Family YMCA, located at the YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Village on 9250 N. Green Bay Road.
School supplies are also needed. Please consider donating one or more of the following: Ballpoint pens, #2 pencils, cap erasers, colored pencils, crayons, erasers, hand-held pencil sharpeners, Kleenex, loose leaf paper, markers, pocket folders, protractors, rulers, scissors, spiral notebooks, three-ring binders and Ziploc bags.
Should you have any questions or want to participate in the Backpacks for Kids drive, please contact Rafael Garcia at 414-374-9441 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s take action and provide students with the supplies necessary to succeed!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Antiques Appraisal Event
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- "What's in the Barn?" Open House at Unitarian Church North Oct. 18
- Art & Craft Fair at Milwaukee Lutheran HS November 8
- Sport Clips Haircuts Help a Hero campaign
- Judy Schachner book launch in Mequon
- Volunteers Needed for American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Milwaukee/North Shore
- Concordia University Celebrates Homecoming Week Oct. 27 - Nov. 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Share Advice on Responding After Disaster Strikes
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Hosts Pregame Platelet Sundays