The Brown Deer Junior Woman's Club sponsored the Youth Short Story Writing Contest and the Youth Poetry Writing Contest earlier this year with five students placing first and second in two categories - poetry and short stories. These five entries were then entered in the General Federation Women's Club state level contests where winners at this level were announced earlier this month.
Congratulations are extended to the following 7th grade Brown Deer Middle School students who competed with other students in grades 7 - 9 and placed in these state level contests. These four students are all in Mrs. Diana Krosky's language arts class.
Andrea Watkins was awarded first place for her poem, "Whenever You Smile". Robin Greaves was awarded third place for his poem, "Tea".
Katarina Flecha was awarded first place for her story, "Charlie the Chocolate Bar" and Imani Noland was awarded third place for her story, "Broccoli Fright".
Pictured are Mrs. Diana Krosky, BDMS Teacher and her students, Andrea Watkins, Robin Greaves and Katarina Flecha.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- Brown Deer Campus River Clean Up
- Take Care of Your Mouth
- Tri County YMCA Healthy Kids Day April 26th
- Car Seat Round-Up Day
- Johnson’s Gardens Names Lanora Haradon Location Manager
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School Presents the Musical “Annie,” April 25 - 27
- April 27, 2014 - SAVE THE DATE! Annual Early Bird Rummage Sale
- Easter Egg Hunt at Christian Life Church
- Trinity Lutheran to Host Huge Rummage & Bake Sale