Schools give kids an opportunity to gain the needed educational skills necessary to be productive citizens later in life. Yet, how many kids look at the school, classroom or programs and feel the environment they learn in is as important as the content they study?
There was one such group of kids who felt “enhancing” the educational facility of a program was important. It was important enough that they even traveled to their neighboring community.
Cody Falls from Boy Scout Troop 67, based in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, organized his Eagle Scout project around enhancing the educational environment in the Technology Education labs at Brown Deer Middle School, Brown Deer, Wisconsin.
For any of you that are familiar with Eagle Scout Projects, they are not small undertakings and they have to follow regimented guidelines and document every aspect of the activity.
For five days Scouts from Troop 67 traveled a ½ hour to the Brown Deer community and undertook the enhancing process of the Technology Labs at the Middle School. With the assistance of Technology Instructor Jeff Thielke and Scout Leader Stan Heine and his wife, by weeks end, the labs were “shinning.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ELITE SPORTS CLUB MEQUON HOSTS ZUMBA FOR BAZOOMBAS FUNDRAISER
- Old Falls Village Halloween Family Fun Nights October 23 & 24
- GO Riteway Kicks Off School Bus Safety Week - October 19th
- Monster Hunting
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Downsizing? Let's Get Started!
- Psychic & Energetic Therapies Fair
- Athleta Store at Bayshore Town Center Offering Free Classes
- IT'S THIS SUNDAY - September 27th - BD Fall Community Rummage Sale
- Family Dinner Day 2015