Schools give kids an opportunity to gain the needed educational skills necessary to be productive citizens later in life. Yet, how many kids look at the school, classroom or programs and feel the environment they learn in is as important as the content they study?
There was one such group of kids who felt “enhancing” the educational facility of a program was important. It was important enough that they even traveled to their neighboring community.
Cody Falls from Boy Scout Troop 67, based in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, organized his Eagle Scout project around enhancing the educational environment in the Technology Education labs at Brown Deer Middle School, Brown Deer, Wisconsin.
For any of you that are familiar with Eagle Scout Projects, they are not small undertakings and they have to follow regimented guidelines and document every aspect of the activity.
For five days Scouts from Troop 67 traveled a ½ hour to the Brown Deer community and undertook the enhancing process of the Technology Labs at the Middle School. With the assistance of Technology Instructor Jeff Thielke and Scout Leader Stan Heine and his wife, by weeks end, the labs were “shinning.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Wins Gold Award for Middle-Grade Book, 'George Knows'.
- Brown Deer's Christina Crawford performs in A Tale of Two Cities
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- SpirTed will perform on Saturday,September 20th
- Brown Deer Girls Basketball Club - Parents Meeting
- Izayah Briggs will appear in Milwaukee Rep's The Color Purple
- Russ Darrow Group Opens Mazda Dealership in Milwaukee
- Marching Band Madness set for Sept. 20 at Germantown High School
- Register for Dance Classes Now!