Schools give kids an opportunity to gain the needed educational skills necessary to be productive citizens later in life. Yet, how many kids look at the school, classroom or programs and feel the environment they learn in is as important as the content they study?
There was one such group of kids who felt “enhancing” the educational facility of a program was important. It was important enough that they even traveled to their neighboring community.
Cody Falls from Boy Scout Troop 67, based in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, organized his Eagle Scout project around enhancing the educational environment in the Technology Education labs at Brown Deer Middle School, Brown Deer, Wisconsin.
For any of you that are familiar with Eagle Scout Projects, they are not small undertakings and they have to follow regimented guidelines and document every aspect of the activity.
For five days Scouts from Troop 67 traveled a ½ hour to the Brown Deer community and undertook the enhancing process of the Technology Labs at the Middle School. With the assistance of Technology Instructor Jeff Thielke and Scout Leader Stan Heine and his wife, by weeks end, the labs were “shinning.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- BUNCO BASH! - IT'S THIS SATURDAY - DON'T MISS! - REGISTER NOW!
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory
- Milwaukee-based SASI has expanded its service offerings to include Health Savings Accounts - adds staff
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary
- BDCRG - Candidate Forum
- Woman's Scholarship Available
- Flat Rate Home Services Urges Consumers To Be Aware Of Space Heater Dangers