Brittanny Schueller, 4 year old Kindergarten teacher at Dean Elementary School in Brown Deer, has been named the 2009 Teacher of the Year - A Tribute to Alice Bertschy Kadish. The award honors an early childhood and an early elementary grade teacher who demonstrate a special commitment and dedication to the principles of hands-on education.
This prestigious award reflects the Museum's commitment to early learning and is endorsed by the Wisconsin Education Association Council and the Wisconsin Early Childhood Association. Ms. Schueller will be honored at a special ceremony at the Betty Brinn Children's Museum on Friday, May 8, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Staff, students and parents are invited to share in this special event.
Also honored will be Maria Jensen, a 2nd grade teacher at Ben Franklin Elementary School in Milwaukee. Congratulations to these outstanding educators!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Downsizing? Let's Get Started!
- Psychic & Energetic Therapies Fair
- Athleta Store at Bayshore Town Center Offering Free Classes
- IT'S THIS SUNDAY - September 27th - BD Fall Community Rummage Sale
- Family Dinner Day 2015
- United Performing Arts Fund Announces 2016 Campaign Co-Chairs
- Prepare Plumbing for Cool Weather
- Granville BID Announces Sept. 20 Inaugural Car, Truck and Bike Spectacular on North 76th Street
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Strong connection exists between substance abuse, mental health issues and tobacco use among youth