Brittanny Schueller, 4 year old Kindergarten teacher at Dean Elementary School in Brown Deer, has been named the 2009 Teacher of the Year - A Tribute to Alice Bertschy Kadish. The award honors an early childhood and an early elementary grade teacher who demonstrate a special commitment and dedication to the principles of hands-on education.
This prestigious award reflects the Museum's commitment to early learning and is endorsed by the Wisconsin Education Association Council and the Wisconsin Early Childhood Association. Ms. Schueller will be honored at a special ceremony at the Betty Brinn Children's Museum on Friday, May 8, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Staff, students and parents are invited to share in this special event.
Also honored will be Maria Jensen, a 2nd grade teacher at Ben Franklin Elementary School in Milwaukee. Congratulations to these outstanding educators!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- Brown Deer Artist at Firefly Art Fair
- Taste of Mequon
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Cell phones and 911.
- Falls Youth Art on Display at MF Froedert Medical Clinic
- Plein Air Painting Competition Announced as Part of Concordia's Lake Moon Festival Aug. 9
- Harbor Senior Living Development Construction Begins
- Immediate Need for O Negative Blood Donors
- Annex Wealth Management Named One of the Financial Times Top 300 Financial Advisor Firms in the U.S.