Brittanny Schueller, 4 year old Kindergarten teacher at Dean Elementary School in Brown Deer, has been named the 2009 Teacher of the Year - A Tribute to Alice Bertschy Kadish. The award honors an early childhood and an early elementary grade teacher who demonstrate a special commitment and dedication to the principles of hands-on education.
This prestigious award reflects the Museum's commitment to early learning and is endorsed by the Wisconsin Education Association Council and the Wisconsin Early Childhood Association. Ms. Schueller will be honored at a special ceremony at the Betty Brinn Children's Museum on Friday, May 8, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Staff, students and parents are invited to share in this special event.
Also honored will be Maria Jensen, a 2nd grade teacher at Ben Franklin Elementary School in Milwaukee. Congratulations to these outstanding educators!
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- World-Renowned Milwaukee Artist Elisha Ben Yitzhak to Host Solo Art Show in Mequon-Thiensville
- Wisconsin Sea Grant Invites Residents to Public Meeting to Discuss Changing Lake Michigan Water Levels and Coastal Bluffs
- Rogers Memorial Hospital Foundation Offers Care Grants for OCD and Anxiety Treatment
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps