Brittanny Schueller, 4 year old Kindergarten teacher at Dean Elementary School in Brown Deer, has been named the 2009 Teacher of the Year - A Tribute to Alice Bertschy Kadish. The award honors an early childhood and an early elementary grade teacher who demonstrate a special commitment and dedication to the principles of hands-on education.
This prestigious award reflects the Museum's commitment to early learning and is endorsed by the Wisconsin Education Association Council and the Wisconsin Early Childhood Association. Ms. Schueller will be honored at a special ceremony at the Betty Brinn Children's Museum on Friday, May 8, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Staff, students and parents are invited to share in this special event.
Also honored will be Maria Jensen, a 2nd grade teacher at Ben Franklin Elementary School in Milwaukee. Congratulations to these outstanding educators!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Brown Deer "Rolls Out the Barrels" in Summer Art Event
- John Kastner of R.A. Smith National Selected Wisconsin’s Young Engineer of the Year
- Fairy Queen Fantasy
- Free Summer Concert Series In Brown Deer Starts June 17
- Inaugural Pet Blessing set for Saturday July 18th during the 4th Annual MECA VEST A K-9 FEST!
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Evans Scholars Foundation Awards Full Housing and Tuition Scholarships to 12 Wisconsin Caddies