The National Merit Scholarship Program has informed Brown Deer High School that two of its students have been identified for special honors:
Adam Majusiak has met all requirements to advance to Finalist standing in the National Merit Scholarship Program competition. All finalists are now being considered for National Merit Scholarships to be offered later this spring. Adam is one of just 15,000 finalists nationwide remaining in this prestigious competition. 8,200 Merit Scholarship winners will be selected from this group.
Jasmine Payne has been selected as a semifinalist in the National Achievement Scholarship Program. 1,600 students named semifinalists in September of 2008 have qualified as finalists in this competition. All finalists will be considered for National Achievement Scholarships to be offered to outstanding Black American students in 2009.
Congratulations, Adam and Jasmine!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Hires Brown Deer Resident
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir Presents "Glad Tidings of Great Joy"
- 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Teams Brings the Seton Banner Back to St. Mary Parish School
- Dr. Catherine Ferderbar Awarded for Outstanding Teaching and Service
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13