The National Merit Scholarship Program has informed Brown Deer High School that two of its students have been identified for special honors:
Adam Majusiak has met all requirements to advance to Finalist standing in the National Merit Scholarship Program competition. All finalists are now being considered for National Merit Scholarships to be offered later this spring. Adam is one of just 15,000 finalists nationwide remaining in this prestigious competition. 8,200 Merit Scholarship winners will be selected from this group.
Jasmine Payne has been selected as a semifinalist in the National Achievement Scholarship Program. 1,600 students named semifinalists in September of 2008 have qualified as finalists in this competition. All finalists will be considered for National Achievement Scholarships to be offered to outstanding Black American students in 2009.
Congratulations, Adam and Jasmine!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Holiday Folk Fair International Features Abundance of Music and Dance
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- How to Deep Fry a Turkey (safely)
- Local Resident Participates in A CHRISTMAS CAROL at Sunset Playhouse
- Holiday Folk Fair International Names Apinya Jordan Chairperson
- JBF Holiday Consignment Sale Starts Wednesday
- New Wellness Center in Thiensville
- Milwaukee Concert Band: Ringing in the Christmas Season