The National Merit Scholarship Program has informed Brown Deer High School that two of its students have been identified for special honors:
Adam Majusiak has met all requirements to advance to Finalist standing in the National Merit Scholarship Program competition. All finalists are now being considered for National Merit Scholarships to be offered later this spring. Adam is one of just 15,000 finalists nationwide remaining in this prestigious competition. 8,200 Merit Scholarship winners will be selected from this group.
Jasmine Payne has been selected as a semifinalist in the National Achievement Scholarship Program. 1,600 students named semifinalists in September of 2008 have qualified as finalists in this competition. All finalists will be considered for National Achievement Scholarships to be offered to outstanding Black American students in 2009.
Congratulations, Adam and Jasmine!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- My motivation to quit smoking
- Local Middle School Youth experience 50 years of fashion
- Local tween honored as finalist in national Future She-E-O contest