Successful Home Selling Strategies - Milwaukee Based Homegate Direct Realty Offers Sellers Tips For A Quick Sale
Gone are the days of sticking a for sale sign in your yard and having several decent offers soon thereafter. In today’s market, sellers must be smart and realistic when selling their home.
“The most popular time to sell a home is Spring, and with Spring right around the corner, it is time to get your home in top shape for potential buyers,” says Tim Vertz, co-founder of Homegate Direct Realty. “These days, buyers have many homes to choose from in every price range, so sellers really need to make their home stand out.”
The professionals at Homegate Direct Realty suggest these tips of the trade when selling a home:
1. Price it right. Research what other comparable houses in your area sold for within the last few months.
2. Fix it up. Now is the time to make those little repairs that you have been meaning to get to. Replace burned out light bulbs, paint that room that really needs it, hang the towel bar that came off the wall, little things make a big difference.
3. Look outside. Curb appeal is very important when selling your home – it is the first thing a buyer sees. Make sure your lawn looks healthy and groomed, fix any peeling paint or loose shingles. Plant some pretty flowers for a warm, welcoming feel.
4. Clean, clean, clean. It sounds obvious, but make sure your home is clean from top to bottom. Wash the light fixtures, ceiling fans, scrub the bathrooms and kitchen. Remove clutter, organize the basement, donate anything you no longer want or use. Once your home is cleaned up, be sure to keep it that way for potential buyers who want to see it at a moment’s notice.
5. Light the way. Natural sunlight will make your house feel like home when you are showing it to interested people. Open the curtains and blinds. If the weather cooperates, open the doors and let the light shine in. For night time showings, turn on lights in every room and hallway. If any rooms are painted a dark color, consider repainting to a lighter, more neutral hue.
“For most people, their home is their biggest investment and following these tips will allow sellers to make the most of that investment”, says Chris Neville, co-founder of Homegate Direct Realty.
For more information, call 414-377-4878, or visit www.homegatedirect.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Helen Farnsworth Mears Art Contest Local Winners Announced!
- CONGRATULATIONS TO WOMAN’S SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check