The Brown Deer School District will host Kindergarten Application Day on Thursday, March 26, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Dean Elementary School. Apply for your 4 or 5 year old children to attend school this fall if they are not already students in the Brown Deer schools. Children must be 4 or 5 years old by September 1, 2009, and must be residents of Brown Deer.
If your 4 or 5 year old currently attends Dean Elementary School it is not necessary to reapply for next year. Those students will automatically be promoted. Mark your calendar now and plan to attend Registration Day on August 7 and 10.
4 year old Kindergarten is a half day program and 5 year old K is a full day program. To apply for your 5 year old, call 371-6807 to schedule an appointment to screen your child for current knowledge and abilities on March 26. This allows the district to be better prepared to meet your child's needs when school opens this fall.
All applicants must bring 2 documents showing proof of residency, immunization records, and a certified birth certificate.
To apply for your 4 year old, no appointment or screening are necessary. To apply, visit the Administrative Services Center at 8200 N. 60th Street between the hours of
8 a.m. and 4 p.m. beginning March 1, or visit Dean Elementary School on March 26. There are three locations for 4 K: Dean, BD Middle School, and Rite Hite YMCA. Where a child is placed depends on transportation and daycare needs or classroom availability. All locations are considered part of Dean Elementary School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Antiques Appraisal Event
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- "What's in the Barn?" Open House at Unitarian Church North Oct. 18
- Art & Craft Fair at Milwaukee Lutheran HS November 8
- Sport Clips Haircuts Help a Hero campaign
- Judy Schachner book launch in Mequon
- Volunteers Needed for American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Milwaukee/North Shore
- Concordia University Celebrates Homecoming Week Oct. 27 - Nov. 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Share Advice on Responding After Disaster Strikes
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Hosts Pregame Platelet Sundays