The Brown Deer School District will host Kindergarten Application Day on Thursday, March 26, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Dean Elementary School. Apply for your 4 or 5 year old children to attend school this fall if they are not already students in the Brown Deer schools. Children must be 4 or 5 years old by September 1, 2009, and must be residents of Brown Deer.
If your 4 or 5 year old currently attends Dean Elementary School it is not necessary to reapply for next year. Those students will automatically be promoted. Mark your calendar now and plan to attend Registration Day on August 7 and 10.
4 year old Kindergarten is a half day program and 5 year old K is a full day program. To apply for your 5 year old, call 371-6807 to schedule an appointment to screen your child for current knowledge and abilities on March 26. This allows the district to be better prepared to meet your child's needs when school opens this fall.
All applicants must bring 2 documents showing proof of residency, immunization records, and a certified birth certificate.
To apply for your 4 year old, no appointment or screening are necessary. To apply, visit the Administrative Services Center at 8200 N. 60th Street between the hours of
8 a.m. and 4 p.m. beginning March 1, or visit Dean Elementary School on March 26. There are three locations for 4 K: Dean, BD Middle School, and Rite Hite YMCA. Where a child is placed depends on transportation and daycare needs or classroom availability. All locations are considered part of Dean Elementary School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Hires Brown Deer Resident
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir Presents "Glad Tidings of Great Joy"
- 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Teams Brings the Seton Banner Back to St. Mary Parish School
- Dr. Catherine Ferderbar Awarded for Outstanding Teaching and Service
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13