The Brown Deer School District will host Kindergarten Application Day on Thursday, March 26, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Dean Elementary School. Apply for your 4 or 5 year old children to attend school this fall if they are not already students in the Brown Deer schools. Children must be 4 or 5 years old by September 1, 2009, and must be residents of Brown Deer.
If your 4 or 5 year old currently attends Dean Elementary School it is not necessary to reapply for next year. Those students will automatically be promoted. Mark your calendar now and plan to attend Registration Day on August 7 and 10.
4 year old Kindergarten is a half day program and 5 year old K is a full day program. To apply for your 5 year old, call 371-6807 to schedule an appointment to screen your child for current knowledge and abilities on March 26. This allows the district to be better prepared to meet your child's needs when school opens this fall.
All applicants must bring 2 documents showing proof of residency, immunization records, and a certified birth certificate.
To apply for your 4 year old, no appointment or screening are necessary. To apply, visit the Administrative Services Center at 8200 N. 60th Street between the hours of
8 a.m. and 4 p.m. beginning March 1, or visit Dean Elementary School on March 26. There are three locations for 4 K: Dean, BD Middle School, and Rite Hite YMCA. Where a child is placed depends on transportation and daycare needs or classroom availability. All locations are considered part of Dean Elementary School.
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- World-Renowned Milwaukee Artist Elisha Ben Yitzhak to Host Solo Art Show in Mequon-Thiensville
- Wisconsin Sea Grant Invites Residents to Public Meeting to Discuss Changing Lake Michigan Water Levels and Coastal Bluffs
- Rogers Memorial Hospital Foundation Offers Care Grants for OCD and Anxiety Treatment
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps