The Brown Deer School District will host Kindergarten Application Day on Thursday, March 26, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Dean Elementary School. Apply for your 4 or 5 year old children to attend school this fall if they are not already students in the Brown Deer schools. Children must be 4 or 5 years old by September 1, 2009, and must be residents of Brown Deer.
If your 4 or 5 year old currently attends Dean Elementary School it is not necessary to reapply for next year. Those students will automatically be promoted. Mark your calendar now and plan to attend Registration Day on August 7 and 10.
4 year old Kindergarten is a half day program and 5 year old K is a full day program. To apply for your 5 year old, call 371-6807 to schedule an appointment to screen your child for current knowledge and abilities on March 26. This allows the district to be better prepared to meet your child's needs when school opens this fall.
All applicants must bring 2 documents showing proof of residency, immunization records, and a certified birth certificate.
To apply for your 4 year old, no appointment or screening are necessary. To apply, visit the Administrative Services Center at 8200 N. 60th Street between the hours of
8 a.m. and 4 p.m. beginning March 1, or visit Dean Elementary School on March 26. There are three locations for 4 K: Dean, BD Middle School, and Rite Hite YMCA. Where a child is placed depends on transportation and daycare needs or classroom availability. All locations are considered part of Dean Elementary School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Milwaukee/NARI Discusses Radon – What You Should Know
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Black History Month, Celebrate Smokers Quitting and Becoming a Part of History
- Education Foundation of Brown Deer Awards over $15,000 in Mini-grants
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- BUNCO BASH! - IT'S THIS SATURDAY - DON'T MISS! - REGISTER NOW!
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory