Concordia University recently released the route for the 5k Race on Aug. 9 as part of its inaugural Lake Moon Festival.
The competitive race will take runners around the grounds of CUW's beautiful campus and bluff overlooking Lake Michigan, finishing with a scenic ascent up the bluff.
“This evening race will loop through our 200 acre campus, before taking runners along the beachfront,” said the Festival’s Spokeswoman Gretchen Jameson. “You are guaranteed to feel like a true fitness champ as you finish the 5k with a climb up Concordia’s beautifully restored bluff.”
The race is scheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m., with prizes awarded to the top finishers by age category. All runners will receive a performance t-shirt to commemorate the race along with a goodie bag compliments of local companies.
“The setting is beautiful and the course has a little bit of everything from a run along Lake Michigan, to a loop inside Kapco Park (CUW’s baseball field), to a lap around the perimeter of the campus,” said CUW Cross Country and Track and Field coach Russ De Lap. “Concordia University is a place where everyone can feel comfortable and navigate this course without any problems. Runners will enjoy a well-kept secret.”
Advance registration for the race is $20 which includes the t-shirt and goodie bag. Race day registration is $25 and t-shirts and goodie bags will be included as supplies last. To find out more about the 5k, see a video of the route, and register for the race, visit http://www.lakemoonfestival.com/5k-race.html.
The Lake Moon Festival is a free event for the public including, food, music, bluff tours, kite building and flying, a Plein Air art competition, and a boat parade. For more information on the festival, visit http://www.lakemoonfestival.com/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee/NARI Gold Award
- Theran Stautz Joins R.A. Smith National as Ecologist, Project Manager
- St. Robert Annual Pancake Breakfast/School Open House this Sunday
- 2015 Saint Anthony's Parish School Endowment Fund Auction
- “Wiscon-Sing” Benefit performance for the Schlitz Audubon Center
- Girls Select 12u Fastpitch Tryouts
- Brilliant DPI Expands Office Space to Offer Additional Services
- Winter Frolic at the Mequon Nature Preserve