Unitarian Church hosts screening of “Inequality For All,” a film on the shrinking middle class and its affect on the U.S. economy and democracy
Mequon – Unitarian Church North will host a screening of the award-winning documentary film “Inequality for All” on Thursday, May 1, at 7 p.m. The event, sponsored by the church’s Social Justice Committee, is free and open to the public. The church is located at 13800 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon. An informal discussion will follow the 85-minute film. The film examines income inequality in the U.S. and the way it has shaped the nation’s economy and democracy.
“Inequality For All” is a passionate argument on behalf of the middle class, featuring Robert Reich – professor, best-selling author, and Clinton cabinet member - as he demonstrates how the widening income gap has a devastating impact on the American economy. Through his singular perspective, Reich explains how the massive consolidation of wealth by a precious few threatens the viability of the American workforce and the foundation of democracy itself. Reich uses humor and a wide array of facts to explain how the issue of economic inequality affects each and every one of us. The film premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival and was picked up for distribution by The Weinstein Company – RADiUS.
For more information about “Inequality For All” and to view the trailer,
visit: www.InequalityForAll.com. For more information on the May 1 screening, call Unitarian Church North at 262-375-3890 or visit the church website: www.ucnorth.org.
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School presents “Man of La Mancha”
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- BBB Serving Wisconsin Honors Ethics That Build Trust
- IT'S THIS WEEKEND! Sunday, April 24th (10 - 2) BD Early Bird Community Rummage Sale
- Nicolet High School Students' Artwork On Display In Third Ward
- Goodwill Industries teams up with Steinhafels for 2nd Annual Bedroom Trade-In Event!!
- 3rd Annual Edible Book Festival at the Whitefish Bay Public Library
- Breadsmith Named To 2016 List of “Top Ten Emerging Brands”