Unitarian Church hosts screening of “Inequality For All,” a film on the shrinking middle class and its affect on the U.S. economy and democracy
Mequon – Unitarian Church North will host a screening of the award-winning documentary film “Inequality for All” on Thursday, May 1, at 7 p.m. The event, sponsored by the church’s Social Justice Committee, is free and open to the public. The church is located at 13800 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon. An informal discussion will follow the 85-minute film. The film examines income inequality in the U.S. and the way it has shaped the nation’s economy and democracy.
“Inequality For All” is a passionate argument on behalf of the middle class, featuring Robert Reich – professor, best-selling author, and Clinton cabinet member - as he demonstrates how the widening income gap has a devastating impact on the American economy. Through his singular perspective, Reich explains how the massive consolidation of wealth by a precious few threatens the viability of the American workforce and the foundation of democracy itself. Reich uses humor and a wide array of facts to explain how the issue of economic inequality affects each and every one of us. The film premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival and was picked up for distribution by The Weinstein Company – RADiUS.
For more information about “Inequality For All” and to view the trailer,
visit: www.InequalityForAll.com. For more information on the May 1 screening, call Unitarian Church North at 262-375-3890 or visit the church website: www.ucnorth.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Brown Deer "Rolls Out the Barrels" in Summer Art Event
- John Kastner of R.A. Smith National Selected Wisconsin’s Young Engineer of the Year
- Fairy Queen Fantasy
- Free Summer Concert Series In Brown Deer Starts June 17
- Inaugural Pet Blessing set for Saturday July 18th during the 4th Annual MECA VEST A K-9 FEST!
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Evans Scholars Foundation Awards Full Housing and Tuition Scholarships to 12 Wisconsin Caddies