Unitarian Church hosts screening of “Inequality For All,” a film on the shrinking middle class and its affect on the U.S. economy and democracy
Mequon – Unitarian Church North will host a screening of the award-winning documentary film “Inequality for All” on Thursday, May 1, at 7 p.m. The event, sponsored by the church’s Social Justice Committee, is free and open to the public. The church is located at 13800 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon. An informal discussion will follow the 85-minute film. The film examines income inequality in the U.S. and the way it has shaped the nation’s economy and democracy.
“Inequality For All” is a passionate argument on behalf of the middle class, featuring Robert Reich – professor, best-selling author, and Clinton cabinet member - as he demonstrates how the widening income gap has a devastating impact on the American economy. Through his singular perspective, Reich explains how the massive consolidation of wealth by a precious few threatens the viability of the American workforce and the foundation of democracy itself. Reich uses humor and a wide array of facts to explain how the issue of economic inequality affects each and every one of us. The film premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival and was picked up for distribution by The Weinstein Company – RADiUS.
For more information about “Inequality For All” and to view the trailer,
visit: www.InequalityForAll.com. For more information on the May 1 screening, call Unitarian Church North at 262-375-3890 or visit the church website: www.ucnorth.org.
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- Wine Women Word
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Memorial Day Free Admission to the Museum
- Big Cedar Lake Resorts & Businesses
- Last week for residents to apply for Milwaukee County Energy Assistance Program
- Career Fitness Camps for High School Students to be Held at MATC’s Mequon Campus in July and August