Brown Deer Vision -- Trustee Candidate Richmond Izard recognizes the village's official vision statement, as well as the entire Comprehensive Plan, as a driver that undergirds his campaign platform and Board activity for 2014 and onward.
In 2003, our Visioning Committee drafted the following narrative as the village's official Vision Statement. The same wording now resonates in the Village of Brown Deer Comprehensive Plan 2030, a community planning document required by State Law.
Izard confidently explains, "Our vision reflects the unified and collaborative foresight of the Village Trustees, Plan Commission, residents, and other Brown Deer stakeholders."
Elder Richmond's assignment for 2014 and beyond is thus to help strategically bring our community's formal vision into focus and fruition, as heralded by the collective voice of Brown Deer:
"In our vision of Brown Deer in the year 2024 and beyond, the following statements will be true.
Brown Deer citizens will be bound together by our shared values.
We will be a diverse community of different ages, races, and cultures, who believe in the value of quality education, family and friends, well-maintained property, safe streets and neighborhoods, and pleasant surroundings. We will be friendly, neighborly, and welcoming to all who want to share in our community life.
Brown Deer will be a beautiful suburban village.
Our village will be scenic, well tended, and green. Our urban forest, parks, and public property will be well maintained. We will take pride in our homes and yards and strive to maintain the green, open, suburban atmosphere of our community.
Brown Deer will be a collaborative and entrepreneurial village.
We will provide a full range of quality services in a professional and cost-effective manner through successful collaborations within our community. While maintaining our independent Village identity, we will cultivate successful collaborations with our neighbors. We will provide an atmosphere that is conducive to entrepreneurial development.
Brown Deer will be a community that provides a high quality of life.
Our village will be a desirable place to live, learn, work, visit, shop, dine, and enjoy recreational opportunities. Our village will have a range of housing choices available for people of all ages and stages of life. Our Brown Deer school system will continue to graduate students who adapt, thrive and excel in a changing world. Our location will provide easy access to regional employment opportunities and a variety of urban amenities in the larger metro-Milwaukee area including professional sports, music,
theatre, nightlife, and museums."
ELECTION 2014 | Strategic Planning is heart of Village Mission
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEB PAGE TO LEARN MORE www.VillageTent.org
(Enable compatibility mode in Internet Explorer and then refresh page if you experience problems displaying the site.)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer kids featured on Spriggy SafeT-V, a new series of online safety videos produced for the Kohl’s Cares Grow Safe & Healthy Program and available on KohlsSafeandHealthy.com.
- Glendale kids featured on Spriggy SafeT-V, a new series of online safety videos produced for the Kohl’s Cares Grow Safe & Healthy Program and available on KohlsSafeandHealthy.com.
- Friends Holiday Book & Basket Sale
- Holiday Folk Fair International Chef Stage to Feature Traditional Ethnic Soups
- Come Support Brown Deer Girls Basketball - Scrimmage
- Bonaparte to Receive Excellence in Community Service Award from Milwaukee Affiliate Black Child Development Institute
- Rotary Breakfast With Santa
- Doors of Cedarburg Show
- Wisconsin Connections Academy Principal Michelle Mueller Offers: Seven Tips for Applying to College
- Nefertari Dancers Reflect and Celebrate West African Heritage at Holiday Folk Fair