The public is invited on Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 7:00 pm in the Dolan Community Center on 4355 W. Bradley Road, in Brown Deer for an engaging presentation at the Brown Deer Historical Society meeting.
Special guests Kristi and Mark Kittleson will remember the tremendous effort made by residents in the Village of Brown Deer in 1972, led by members of the Brown Deer Junior Woman's Club, to save the 1884 Little White Schoolhouse from demolition due to the Green Bay Road/Brown Deer Road overpass construction.
Recognition will be given for the dedication of Earl and Dorothy Kittleson to keep history alive through the Living Schoolhouse Program, still offered to the Northshore area grade schools, and will examine the Kittleson's footprint on the history of Brown Deer.
A colorful, profound, and driven personality, Dorothy Kittleson passed away recently. The Society will recollect the good that her tenacity accomplished and will consider how they will continue her legacy. Refreshments will be available.
Email BrownDeerHistoricalSociety@gmail.com or call 414-355-4182 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee Montessori School Announces Annual Gala Fundraising Event
- BD Juniors to Host Candidate Public Forum
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures
- WHO WAS ROSEBUD?
- The Arboretum Hosts "Moving Forward: A Senior's Guide to Home Selling and Housing Options"
- Polynesian Cultural Entertainment – Free Library Program
- BDCRG Candidate Forum
- ROSEBUD REAL ESTATE IS HERE!