The public is invited on Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 7:00 pm in the Dolan Community Center on 4355 W. Bradley Road, in Brown Deer for an engaging presentation at the Brown Deer Historical Society meeting.
Special guests Kristi and Mark Kittleson will remember the tremendous effort made by residents in the Village of Brown Deer in 1972, led by members of the Brown Deer Junior Woman's Club, to save the 1884 Little White Schoolhouse from demolition due to the Green Bay Road/Brown Deer Road overpass construction.
Recognition will be given for the dedication of Earl and Dorothy Kittleson to keep history alive through the Living Schoolhouse Program, still offered to the Northshore area grade schools, and will examine the Kittleson's footprint on the history of Brown Deer.
A colorful, profound, and driven personality, Dorothy Kittleson passed away recently. The Society will recollect the good that her tenacity accomplished and will consider how they will continue her legacy. Refreshments will be available.
Email BrownDeerHistoricalSociety@gmail.com or call 414-355-4182 with questions.
- GFWC Brown Deer Junior Woman's Club Scholarship
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School presents “Man of La Mancha”
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- BBB Serving Wisconsin Honors Ethics That Build Trust
- IT'S THIS WEEKEND! Sunday, April 24th (10 - 2) BD Early Bird Community Rummage Sale
- Nicolet High School Students' Artwork On Display In Third Ward
- Goodwill Industries teams up with Steinhafels for 2nd Annual Bedroom Trade-In Event!!
- 3rd Annual Edible Book Festival at the Whitefish Bay Public Library