St. Paul Lutheran Church is proud to present an informative and life enriching event entitled: “A Healthy Mind, Body & Spirit” on Saturday, October 5, 2013 from 8:30am-12:00pm. This informational and wellness orientated event will help anyone aspiring to be healthy by addressing all components of wellness-mind, body and spirit. Registration will begin at 8:30am with a continental breakfast available. The event is free and open to the public.
Three speakers will address the areas of having and maintaining a healthy mind, body and spirit starting at 9:00am:
The “mind” presentation will be presented by Jill Hoven, RN, BSN founder and director of MemoryMinders: Memory Wellness Program and Services. Jill will focus on wellness behaviors that impact our brain and bodies.
The “body” presentation will be led by Lisa Hanson, RD, CD Dietician at Columbia-St. Mary’s, who will educate on nutritional wellness topics including low carb and gluten-free diets.
The “spirit” presentation will be provided by Rev. Dr. Randall L. Ferguson-Asst. VP of Academics and Assoc. Professor-Communications, Concordia University, Wisconsin. Dr. Ferguson will offer insight on the connections between our mind, body and spirit in order to promote overall wellness.
This educational and enriching event is presented by the St. Paul Hands in Service (H.I.S.) group that desires to serve our community as a whole. “Providing this Health and Wellness event is just our way of reaching out to the surrounding community to promote overall health and wellness, including the spiritual aspect. We are thrilled to provide such a life enriching event at St. Paul” said St. Paul Lutheran Senior Pastor, Kenton Wendorf.
For more information about “A Healthy Mind, Body & Spirit.” event, please contact Dawn Sinur, (262) 366-1310.
For further info on MemoryMinders: www.memoryminders.net or contact Jill Hoven (262) 707-9387.
For further info on Columbia-St. Mary’s: www.columbia-stmarys.org
For further info on Concordia University of WI: www.cuw.edu or contact Rev. Dr. Ferguson at (262)243-4273.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Art of Wellness Chiropractic's Annual Holiday Food Drive
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- Milwaukee Lutheran's Bel Canto Choir Presents Riverdance Musical Selections Dec. 14-15
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Santa Visits Granville in Milwaukee on December 14