GERMANTOWN – Germantown High School’s invitational marching band show, Marching Band Madness, will be held Saturday, Sept. 21, at 7 p.m., at Datka Stadium at the high school.
The popular field show will feature performances by the premier high school competitive marching bands from Germantown, Cedarburg, Wauwatosa East, Sussex and Brown Deer. For many of the bands, the event is the first stop on their journey to the State Marching Band Championships at UW-Whitewater in mid-October. As a special highlight, the UW-La Crosse Screaming Eagles Marching Band will perform its 2013 field show.
“Marching Band Madness brings in more than 500 talented student musicians from area school districts who have been practicing their shows for months,” said James Barnes, band director at Germantown High School. “It’s amazing for the audience to see the extraordinary level of skill, preparation and dedication.”
Tickets are available at the door and are $6 for adults, $5 for seniors age 60 and older, and $3 for kids ages 4 to 17. Concessions will be available. The show will move to the high school’s gymnasium in the event of inclement weather.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- Milwaukee Lutheran's Bel Canto Choir Presents Riverdance Musical Selections Dec. 14-15
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Santa Visits Granville in Milwaukee on December 14
- Celebrate the Season with Rite-Hite Family YMCA Santa’s Workshop Event