PLEASE POST TO THE BROWN DEER, FOX POINT, GLENDALE, SHOREWOOD AND WHITEFISH BAY EDITIONS. THANK YOU.
June 9, 2013
Grassroots Northshore Forum
Citizens United v Democracy: Who will win? What can you do?
Thursday, June 13, 2013
(Doors Open at 6:15 PM / Program at 6:30 PM)
Grassroots Northshore will host a Move to Amend forum from 6:30 to 8:00 PM on Thursday, June 13 at North Shore Presbyterian Church, 4048 N. Bartlett Avenue, Shorewood. (Enter through the South or Northeast door). The event is open to the public.
The forum will consider the 2010 Citizens United decision of the United States Supreme Court, how it changed our country, and what you can do about it. Featured speakers are Mary Laan of the national Move to Amend effort and Erik Kirkstein of United Wisconsin.
Refreshments will be served.
Grassroots Northshore informs, educates and advocates for progressive change and solutions. For additional information on the forum or Grassroots Northshore, please contact Coordinator Keith Schmitz at (414) 963-0847 or Events Chairperson Shirley Horowitz at (414) 963-9467.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Hires Brown Deer Resident
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir Presents "Glad Tidings of Great Joy"
- 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Teams Brings the Seton Banner Back to St. Mary Parish School
- Dr. Catherine Ferderbar Awarded for Outstanding Teaching and Service
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13