PLEASE POST TO THE BROWN DEER, FOX POINT, GLENDALE, SHOREWOOD AND WHITEFISH BAY EDITIONS. THANK YOU.
June 9, 2013
Grassroots Northshore Forum
Citizens United v Democracy: Who will win? What can you do?
Thursday, June 13, 2013
(Doors Open at 6:15 PM / Program at 6:30 PM)
Grassroots Northshore will host a Move to Amend forum from 6:30 to 8:00 PM on Thursday, June 13 at North Shore Presbyterian Church, 4048 N. Bartlett Avenue, Shorewood. (Enter through the South or Northeast door). The event is open to the public.
The forum will consider the 2010 Citizens United decision of the United States Supreme Court, how it changed our country, and what you can do about it. Featured speakers are Mary Laan of the national Move to Amend effort and Erik Kirkstein of United Wisconsin.
Refreshments will be served.
Grassroots Northshore informs, educates and advocates for progressive change and solutions. For additional information on the forum or Grassroots Northshore, please contact Coordinator Keith Schmitz at (414) 963-0847 or Events Chairperson Shirley Horowitz at (414) 963-9467.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- BUNCO BASH! - IT'S THIS SATURDAY - DON'T MISS! - REGISTER NOW!
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory
- Milwaukee-based SASI has expanded its service offerings to include Health Savings Accounts - adds staff
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary
- BDCRG - Candidate Forum
- Woman's Scholarship Available
- Flat Rate Home Services Urges Consumers To Be Aware Of Space Heater Dangers