PLEASE POST TO THE BROWN DEER, FOX POINT, GLENDALE, SHOREWOOD AND WHITEFISH BAY EDITIONS. THANK YOU.
June 9, 2013
Grassroots Northshore Forum
Citizens United v Democracy: Who will win? What can you do?
Thursday, June 13, 2013
(Doors Open at 6:15 PM / Program at 6:30 PM)
Grassroots Northshore will host a Move to Amend forum from 6:30 to 8:00 PM on Thursday, June 13 at North Shore Presbyterian Church, 4048 N. Bartlett Avenue, Shorewood. (Enter through the South or Northeast door). The event is open to the public.
The forum will consider the 2010 Citizens United decision of the United States Supreme Court, how it changed our country, and what you can do about it. Featured speakers are Mary Laan of the national Move to Amend effort and Erik Kirkstein of United Wisconsin.
Refreshments will be served.
Grassroots Northshore informs, educates and advocates for progressive change and solutions. For additional information on the forum or Grassroots Northshore, please contact Coordinator Keith Schmitz at (414) 963-0847 or Events Chairperson Shirley Horowitz at (414) 963-9467.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- One-Stop Holiday Shopping
- Education Foundation of Brown Deer Established to Support District's Schools
- Friends of the Brown Deer Library 27th Annual Auction
- Antiques Appraisal Event
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- "What's in the Barn?" Open House at Unitarian Church North Oct. 18
- Art & Craft Fair at Milwaukee Lutheran HS November 8
- Sport Clips Haircuts Help a Hero campaign
- Judy Schachner book launch in Mequon
- Volunteers Needed for American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Milwaukee/North Shore