PLEASE POST TO THE BROWN DEER, FOX POINT, GLENDALE, SHOREWOOD AND WHITEFISH BAY EDITIONS. THANK YOU.
June 9, 2013
Grassroots Northshore Forum
Citizens United v Democracy: Who will win? What can you do?
Thursday, June 13, 2013
(Doors Open at 6:15 PM / Program at 6:30 PM)
Grassroots Northshore will host a Move to Amend forum from 6:30 to 8:00 PM on Thursday, June 13 at North Shore Presbyterian Church, 4048 N. Bartlett Avenue, Shorewood. (Enter through the South or Northeast door). The event is open to the public.
The forum will consider the 2010 Citizens United decision of the United States Supreme Court, how it changed our country, and what you can do about it. Featured speakers are Mary Laan of the national Move to Amend effort and Erik Kirkstein of United Wisconsin.
Refreshments will be served.
Grassroots Northshore informs, educates and advocates for progressive change and solutions. For additional information on the forum or Grassroots Northshore, please contact Coordinator Keith Schmitz at (414) 963-0847 or Events Chairperson Shirley Horowitz at (414) 963-9467.
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- World-Renowned Milwaukee Artist Elisha Ben Yitzhak to Host Solo Art Show in Mequon-Thiensville
- Wisconsin Sea Grant Invites Residents to Public Meeting to Discuss Changing Lake Michigan Water Levels and Coastal Bluffs
- Rogers Memorial Hospital Foundation Offers Care Grants for OCD and Anxiety Treatment
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps