The Alzheimer's Association, in collaboration with the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Wisconsin and the Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources, will host a free evening program for caregivers on Tuesday, April 16 from 5:00 - 8:00 pm at Four Point Sheraton, Milwaukee North, 8900 N. Kildeer Court in Brown Deer. All family caregivers are invited to join us for a complimentary dinner and learn from some of the industry's experts about the tips and techniques for taking care of yourself and the individual you care for.
Guest speakers for the event are Dr. Piero Antuono, Professor of Neurology and Biophysics at the Medical College of Wisconsin and Medical Director of the Memory Disorders Clinic at Froedtert Memorial Hospital, and Dr. Alison Minkin, psychologist at the Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Dr. Antuono will discuss effective strategies for improving the quality of life for the individual with dementia including how to tailor behavioral interventions and how to partner with a health-care team. Dr. Minkin will provide inspiration and tools for caregivers to practice mindfulness and acceptance so that they can move beyond merely "surviving" caregiving and perhaps even thrive as a caregiver.
Registration is first come, first served, until event is filled. Please register by Friday, April 12 by contacting Krista Scheel at the Alzheimer's Association at 414-479- 8800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Memorial Day Free Admission to the Museum
- Big Cedar Lake Resorts & Businesses
- Last week for residents to apply for Milwaukee County Energy Assistance Program
- Career Fitness Camps for High School Students to be Held at MATC’s Mequon Campus in July and August
- Brown Deer Alumnus Releases New Book in Chicago
- Test-Drive a New Ford to Support Nicolet High School's Athletic Booster Club
- Friends Book Sale