The Alzheimer's Association, in collaboration with the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Wisconsin and the Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources, will host a free evening program for caregivers on Tuesday, April 16 from 5:00 - 8:00 pm at Four Point Sheraton, Milwaukee North, 8900 N. Kildeer Court in Brown Deer. All family caregivers are invited to join us for a complimentary dinner and learn from some of the industry's experts about the tips and techniques for taking care of yourself and the individual you care for.
Guest speakers for the event are Dr. Piero Antuono, Professor of Neurology and Biophysics at the Medical College of Wisconsin and Medical Director of the Memory Disorders Clinic at Froedtert Memorial Hospital, and Dr. Alison Minkin, psychologist at the Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Dr. Antuono will discuss effective strategies for improving the quality of life for the individual with dementia including how to tailor behavioral interventions and how to partner with a health-care team. Dr. Minkin will provide inspiration and tools for caregivers to practice mindfulness and acceptance so that they can move beyond merely "surviving" caregiving and perhaps even thrive as a caregiver.
Registration is first come, first served, until event is filled. Please register by Friday, April 12 by contacting Krista Scheel at the Alzheimer's Association at 414-479- 8800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Holiday Folk Fair International Features Abundance of Music and Dance
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- How to Deep Fry a Turkey (safely)
- Local Resident Participates in A CHRISTMAS CAROL at Sunset Playhouse
- Holiday Folk Fair International Names Apinya Jordan Chairperson
- JBF Holiday Consignment Sale Starts Wednesday
- New Wellness Center in Thiensville
- Milwaukee Concert Band: Ringing in the Christmas Season