Where will we find you in retirement – spending more time with family, getting in extra golf games or working part-time?
Whatever your retirement goals, achieving them requires preparation. Once you determine what will give you peace of mind in retirement, it’s important to create a roadmap that will get you there without too many bumps along the way.
On Tuesday, April 9, AARP Wisconsin will host a free “Ready for Retirement” workshop from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Radisson-Milwaukee North Shore, 7065 North Port Washington Road.
During the workshop you will learn about a variety of resources helpful to the retirement planning process. In addition, opportunities to meet privately with a Certified Financial Planner (free, no-strings-attached) will be available.
“Whether you’re 10 or more years away from retirement or nearing that day, this seminar will help you get on the road to retirement readiness,” says Sam Wilson, AARP Wisconsin State Director.
“A happy and fulfilling retirement really does mean different things to different people,” he adds. “But, we all need to plan in advance and figure out the course we want to take to achieve our retirement goals and dreams.”
To register for the free AARP seminar, call toll-free 1-877-926-8300. Seating is limited. Light refreshments will be served.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- My motivation to quit smoking
- Local Middle School Youth experience 50 years of fashion
- Local tween honored as finalist in national Future She-E-O contest