through a partnership with Horizon Home Care
Alexian Village of Milwaukee has partnered with Horizon Home Care to provide dignified and compassionate hospice services in Alexian Village’s Rehabilitative and Skilled Nursing facility.
This dedicated area of seven rooms fits well into the Alexian Brothers heritage of caring.
“The Alexian Brothers 800 year old history is caring for those in need and the dying. This is a natural addition to Alexian’s services for seniors,” said Gary Mohn, CEO and President of Alexian Village. Each hospice room is specially designed to be a peaceful setting for the resident along with ample space for family and friends to visit. A meditation room is provided as a quiet place for contemplation and prayer on the same floor. “It’s our intention to make the final months or days of someone’s life meaningful,” said Alexian’s Chaplain, Jessi Smedal. With Alexian’s trained staff and Horizon Home Care, this ministry offers families a trusting place during a sensitive time in someone’s life.
Alexian Village of Milwaukee and Columbia/St. Mary’s Hospital (Horizon Home Care) is a part of Ascension Health Care (the largest Catholic provider of health services in the U.S.). This partnership is the first of several initiatives.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- National CPR and AED Awareness Week
- Eastcastle Place Senior Living Community Earns Perfect 100 on Walk Score®
- Free Movie Showing
- Melinda Myers to Present Free “Late Spring Rejuvenation for your Landscape” Seminar in at Stein's in Mequon on Sat., June 1
- Wisconsin BBB Advises: Beware of Green Dot MoneyPak Scams
- Brown Deer-Granville High School Athletic Hall of Fame
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- American Family Agent earns American Star Excellence
- The 4 C's of Crystals: PART 2
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you