Feb. 5, 2013
For More Information:
Lynn Brockmeyer, WPT publicist, 608-263-3364, firstname.lastname@example.org
John Gerbig, WPT producer, 608-265-4444, email@example.com
The State Honors Concerts, airing 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25 on Wisconsin Public Television, (WPT) offers excerpts from the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) High School Honors Concerts for band, orchestra, mixed choir and treble choir. It features some of Wisconsin’s best young musical talents in performance at Madison’s Overture Center.
In the concerts, Brown Deer High School student Carlos Orozco performs with the mixed choir.
The State Honors Concerts kicks off WPT’s multiyear Young Performers Initiative that celebrates Wisconsin’s young artists.
The WSMA State Honors Music Project brings Wisconsin’s top young musicians to work together with nationally known conductors in a highly disciplined, professional setting. The students in grades 9 through 11 were selected from more than 1,400 who auditioned.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV/Madison; WPNE-TV/Green Bay; WHRM-TV/Wausau; WLEF-TV/Park Falls; WHLA-TV/La Crosse; and WHWC-TV/Menomonie-Eau Claire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SAVE THE DATE! February 28, 2015 - Get Ready to Shake, Rattle and Roll those Dice!
- Hiring Begins for Rogers Memorial Hospital–Brown Deer
- Save the Date for Cedarburg Art Fair on March 7th, 10-4
- High Tea at the Cedarburg Art Museum
- Drink and Draw at the Cedarburg Art Museum
- Digital Darkroom with Walter Healy
- Sweet-heART Cookie Walk
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee/NARI Gold Award