Feb. 5, 2013
For More Information:
Lynn Brockmeyer, WPT publicist, 608-263-3364, firstname.lastname@example.org
John Gerbig, WPT producer, 608-265-4444, email@example.com
The State Honors Concerts, airing 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25 on Wisconsin Public Television, (WPT) offers excerpts from the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) High School Honors Concerts for band, orchestra, mixed choir and treble choir. It features some of Wisconsin’s best young musical talents in performance at Madison’s Overture Center.
In the concerts, Brown Deer High School student Carlos Orozco performs with the mixed choir.
The State Honors Concerts kicks off WPT’s multiyear Young Performers Initiative that celebrates Wisconsin’s young artists.
The WSMA State Honors Music Project brings Wisconsin’s top young musicians to work together with nationally known conductors in a highly disciplined, professional setting. The students in grades 9 through 11 were selected from more than 1,400 who auditioned.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV/Madison; WPNE-TV/Green Bay; WHRM-TV/Wausau; WLEF-TV/Park Falls; WHLA-TV/La Crosse; and WHWC-TV/Menomonie-Eau Claire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- Brown Deer Campus River Clean Up
- Take Care of Your Mouth
- Tri County YMCA Healthy Kids Day April 26th
- Car Seat Round-Up Day
- Johnson’s Gardens Names Lanora Haradon Location Manager
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School Presents the Musical “Annie,” April 25 - 27
- April 27, 2014 - SAVE THE DATE! Annual Early Bird Rummage Sale
- Easter Egg Hunt at Christian Life Church