A. Fillinger Inc., a fourth generation family business and custom cabinetry and millwork company, received award recognition at the Milwaukee/NARI-sponsored 2012 Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Awards (WRA) presented January 18, 2013.
The company received a Gold Award in the Entire House $500,000 – $1,000,000 category for a project it completed in conjunction with Gabor Design Build in Mequon. The project included a full kitchen remodel, butler’s pantry, and removing the old sunroom to add on the breakfast room with fireplace and the great room with an Irish pub-themed wet bar. The kitchen features vaulted ceilings and a cupola, a unique copper range hood, a large island with butcher-block cutting counter, and a centerpiece radial island. The project also featured a guest bathroom and bedroom remodel, the addition of two bedrooms, and converting the old children’s bedrooms into their bathroom, hallway, and a master walk-in closet.
In addition, the company received Milwaukee/NARI’s Distributor of the Year Award, which recognizes a member company that has demonstrated a strong commitment to NARI, to the remodeling industry, and to the local community. A. Fillinger was honored for being a quality members since 1991, for being a product donor to the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Rummage Sale, sponsor for the Golf Outing, a prize donor to the association’s membership recruiting blitz, Great Giveaway participant, a supplier to many association members, and company representatives were on the board of directors, the technology task force, and helped judge remodeling award entries.
Established in southeastern Wisconsin in 1938, A. Fillinger Inc. was one of the early ACE Hardware affiliates and has more than 20,000 products on-hand. The millwork division specializes in custom cabinetry and mouldings.
A. Fillinger, located at 6750 N. 43rd St. in Milwaukee, can be reached at 414-353-8433 and online at www.afillinger.com and on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Houzz.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Home & Garden Show Runs March 25-29
- 6 Break-in within 2 blocks over the last week. Not a cop in sight
- Village of Brown Deer To Roll Out The Barrels This Summer
- Campus Notes
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive