WINTER NATUREFEST - WINTER IS FOR THE BIRDS
Havenwoods State Forest, 6141 N. Hopkins St., is a 237-acre nature preserve on Milwaukee’s north side, featuring nearly six miles of trails, weekly nature activities, and field trips for school and youth groups. Admission into the park is free; no park sticker is needed. For information, call Judy Klippel at (414) 527-0232 or visit www.friendsofhavenwoods.org.
Friends of Havenwoods, Inc.
February 16, 2013
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Activities range from live bird programs and bird-related crafts to nature hikes, wagon rides and snowshoeing.
Throughout the day live bird programs will feature owls, a hawk, and a falcon.
Make two kinds of simple bird feeders,
Win prizes by participating in a bird scavenger hunt and completing a bird passport,
Snowshoe - available to borrow,
Take a Horse-drawn wagon ride ($2 adults, $1 kids 3-12, free under 3) and,
Bid on items at the Friends of Havenwoods silent auction.
Refreshments are available and include hot dogs, hamburgers, popcorn, cookies, etc.
All proceeds are used to support Havenwoods’ environmental and nature education programs.
Volunteers are always welcome to "work" with the families.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- Brown Deer Campus River Clean Up
- Take Care of Your Mouth
- Tri County YMCA Healthy Kids Day April 26th
- Car Seat Round-Up Day
- Johnson’s Gardens Names Lanora Haradon Location Manager
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School Presents the Musical “Annie,” April 25 - 27
- April 27, 2014 - SAVE THE DATE! Annual Early Bird Rummage Sale
- Easter Egg Hunt at Christian Life Church