WINTER NATUREFEST - WINTER IS FOR THE BIRDS
Havenwoods State Forest, 6141 N. Hopkins St., is a 237-acre nature preserve on Milwaukee’s north side, featuring nearly six miles of trails, weekly nature activities, and field trips for school and youth groups. Admission into the park is free; no park sticker is needed. For information, call Judy Klippel at (414) 527-0232 or visit www.friendsofhavenwoods.org.
Friends of Havenwoods, Inc.
February 16, 2013
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Activities range from live bird programs and bird-related crafts to nature hikes, wagon rides and snowshoeing.
Throughout the day live bird programs will feature owls, a hawk, and a falcon.
Make two kinds of simple bird feeders,
Win prizes by participating in a bird scavenger hunt and completing a bird passport,
Snowshoe - available to borrow,
Take a Horse-drawn wagon ride ($2 adults, $1 kids 3-12, free under 3) and,
Bid on items at the Friends of Havenwoods silent auction.
Refreshments are available and include hot dogs, hamburgers, popcorn, cookies, etc.
All proceeds are used to support Havenwoods’ environmental and nature education programs.
Volunteers are always welcome to "work" with the families.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Register for the Rite-Hite Family YMCA Kids Club by August 12!
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- Brown Deer Artist at Firefly Art Fair
- Taste of Mequon
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Cell phones and 911.
- Falls Youth Art on Display at MF Froedert Medical Clinic
- Plein Air Painting Competition Announced as Part of Concordia's Lake Moon Festival Aug. 9
- Harbor Senior Living Development Construction Begins
- Immediate Need for O Negative Blood Donors