WINTER NATUREFEST - WINTER IS FOR THE BIRDS
Havenwoods State Forest, 6141 N. Hopkins St., is a 237-acre nature preserve on Milwaukee’s north side, featuring nearly six miles of trails, weekly nature activities, and field trips for school and youth groups. Admission into the park is free; no park sticker is needed. For information, call Judy Klippel at (414) 527-0232 or visit www.friendsofhavenwoods.org.
Friends of Havenwoods, Inc.
February 16, 2013
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Activities range from live bird programs and bird-related crafts to nature hikes, wagon rides and snowshoeing.
Throughout the day live bird programs will feature owls, a hawk, and a falcon.
Make two kinds of simple bird feeders,
Win prizes by participating in a bird scavenger hunt and completing a bird passport,
Snowshoe - available to borrow,
Take a Horse-drawn wagon ride ($2 adults, $1 kids 3-12, free under 3) and,
Bid on items at the Friends of Havenwoods silent auction.
Refreshments are available and include hot dogs, hamburgers, popcorn, cookies, etc.
All proceeds are used to support Havenwoods’ environmental and nature education programs.
Volunteers are always welcome to "work" with the families.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Eastcastle Place Senior Living Community Earns Perfect 100 on Walk Score®
- Free Movie Showing
- Melinda Myers to Present Free “Late Spring Rejuvenation for your Landscape” Seminar in at Stein's in Mequon on Sat., June 1
- Wisconsin BBB Advises: Beware of Green Dot MoneyPak Scams
- Brown Deer-Granville High School Athletic Hall of Fame
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- American Family Agent earns American Star Excellence
- The 4 C's of Crystals: PART 2
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- De-clutter Today for a Carefree Tomorrow