WINTER NATUREFEST - WINTER IS FOR THE BIRDS
Havenwoods State Forest, 6141 N. Hopkins St., is a 237-acre nature preserve on Milwaukee’s north side, featuring nearly six miles of trails, weekly nature activities, and field trips for school and youth groups. Admission into the park is free; no park sticker is needed. For information, call Judy Klippel at (414) 527-0232 or visit www.friendsofhavenwoods.org.
Friends of Havenwoods, Inc.
February 16, 2013
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Activities range from live bird programs and bird-related crafts to nature hikes, wagon rides and snowshoeing.
Throughout the day live bird programs will feature owls, a hawk, and a falcon.
Make two kinds of simple bird feeders,
Win prizes by participating in a bird scavenger hunt and completing a bird passport,
Snowshoe - available to borrow,
Take a Horse-drawn wagon ride ($2 adults, $1 kids 3-12, free under 3) and,
Bid on items at the Friends of Havenwoods silent auction.
Refreshments are available and include hot dogs, hamburgers, popcorn, cookies, etc.
All proceeds are used to support Havenwoods’ environmental and nature education programs.
Volunteers are always welcome to "work" with the families.
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"