The Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Landscape Horticulture Club will hold a holiday plant sale from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday to Thursday, Dec. 4 to 6, and Monday to Wednesday, Dec. 10 to 12, at MATC’s Mequon Campus, 5555 W. Highland Road. Plants will be available at the main entrance near the stairwell.
A choice of red, pink, marble and white poinsettias will be available. Large poinsettias are priced at $8 each or two for $15; small poinsettias are $4 or three for $10. A variety of other plants also will be available at various prices.
The plants were grown by students in the “Greenhouse Production” class, which is part of the Landscape Horticulture Associate Degree Program offered at the Mequon Campus. For more information, call (262) 238-2322.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and the most diverse two-year institution in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Approximately 50,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers 200 academic programs; nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees; and a Pre-College Education division that assists people to complete high school, prepare for college or enter the workforce. Overwhelmingly, MATC graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission, the national standard for academics and student services.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Save the Date! (Sunday, April 26) – BD Annual Early Bird Community Rummage Sale!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Home & Garden Show Runs March 25-29
- 6 Break-in within 2 blocks over the last week. Not a cop in sight
- Village of Brown Deer To Roll Out The Barrels This Summer
- Campus Notes