To coincide with National Depression Awareness Month, Concordia University Wisconsin is displaying artwork from Concordia students, faculty, staff members, and the public at its fifth annual Faces of Depression exhibit on Thursday, Oct. 25.
The eye-opening event will take place in the Terrace Room of CUW’s new Student Center for Environmental from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. CUW’s Psychology Department is the driving force behind the free event, which will contain depictions of what the different artists’ perceptions of depression are.
The American College Health Association recently reported that ten percent of college students suffer from clinical depression. CUW student counselors say depression is fairly common among college students and events like Faces of Depression minimizes the stigma and promotes a healthy understanding of the affliction.
“This event began years ago and has grown in size each and every year. It is a powerful exhibit and has become an important campus event in bringing about depression awareness,” says Dr. Rachel Pickett, assistant professor of Psychology at CUW.
Artwork for the exhibit can be displayed in a variety forms, including: paintings, drawings, photography, graphic design, sculptures, poems, or any other creative way imagined by the artists. All artwork contains a title and an artist statement explaining what inspired the piece. For more information on the event, contact Dr. Rachel Pickett at 414-243-4586 or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Wins Gold Award for Middle-Grade Book, 'George Knows'.
- Brown Deer's Christina Crawford performs in A Tale of Two Cities
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- SpirTed will perform on Saturday,September 20th
- Brown Deer Girls Basketball Club - Parents Meeting
- Izayah Briggs will appear in Milwaukee Rep's The Color Purple
- Russ Darrow Group Opens Mazda Dealership in Milwaukee
- Marching Band Madness set for Sept. 20 at Germantown High School
- Register for Dance Classes Now!