THE PARENTING NETWORK
7516 W. Burleigh St., Milwaukee, WI 53210
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Christy Barden
414-671-5575 x16 firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE: September 24, 2012
Valuable Training Offered for Teachers, Social Workers, Parents
The Parenting Network offers child sexual abuse prevention workshops
Milwaukee, Wis. – The Parenting Network invites teachers, social workers, parents and any adults interested in the well-being of children to a Stewards of Children workshop on Friday, October 12, 2012 from 9:00-11:30 a.m. at The Parenting Network.
Stewards of Children is an evidence-based curriculum created by Darkness to Light, a non-profit dedicated to the prevention of child sexual abuse. Using a combination of video, workbook and discussion, this workshop is designed to educate adults on how to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to the reality of child sexual abuse.
“This training is very powerful,” said Ruth Miller, program director at The Parenting Network. “I’ve been to many workshops on the subject, but Stewards of Children really presents the topic of child sexual abuse in a way that is empowering for adults. For too long, the responsibility has been placed on the child, but in reality, only adults can prevent sexual abuse.”
The training is open to the public and is of specific interest among teachers, social workers, youth workers, coaches, ministers, counselors, childcare providers, parents and any adult who cares about children. The cost is $30 per person and includes the training, workbook, resources and certificate of completion. Beverages and snacks will be provided.
This workshop will be held at The Parenting Network at 7516 W. Burleigh St., Milwaukee. To register for this training, contact Ruth Miller at email@example.com or 414/671- 5575 x30. Payment is due one week before the class. If you are unable to attend on this date, contact Ruth to schedule a training for your group.
# # # # #
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Memorial Day Free Admission to the Museum
- Big Cedar Lake Resorts & Businesses
- Last week for residents to apply for Milwaukee County Energy Assistance Program
- Career Fitness Camps for High School Students to be Held at MATC’s Mequon Campus in July and August
- Brown Deer Alumnus Releases New Book in Chicago
- Test-Drive a New Ford to Support Nicolet High School's Athletic Booster Club
- Friends Book Sale