MEQUON, Wis. ---- One glance at the iTunes education section of the App Store and a growth segment of technology stares back at you from your laptop, iPad or smart phone screen.
Finding an educational app that’s appropriate for your child can be challenging for an average parent, but when that child struggles in the classroom or can’t seem to behave at home, the task is amplified.
On Thursday, June 21, 2012, ADHD Coach/Academic Tutor, Ann Pieper and Parent Coach/Behavior Interventionist, Lisa Gendelman, will introduce parents to apps that target technology-savvy students and age-appropriate education audiences. The program begins at 10 a.m. at Fiddleheads Espresso Bar and Café, 10530 North Port Washington Road in Mequon, and runs through 12 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
Pieper said that parents who attend the program should bring their own iPads to follow along and learn the basics of educational apps, and enjoy hands-on guidance with select programs.
“This is definitely an interactive session so that we can learn from one another,” Gendelman said. “While Ann and I will present and coach the use of educational apps that we use with clients each day, we also want to hear what works for others.”
Pieper said that the program will help parents better tackle their children’s scholastic challenges via technology, and will also help make summer learning a positive experience for parents, young children, adolescents and teenagers.
For additional information about the session at Fiddleheads or about Gendelman’s and Pieper’s services, email@example.com or call North Shore Center at (262) 241-5955.
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- Wine Women Word
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Memorial Day Free Admission to the Museum
- Big Cedar Lake Resorts & Businesses