MEQUON, Wis. ---- One glance at the iTunes education section of the App Store and a growth segment of technology stares back at you from your laptop, iPad or smart phone screen.
Finding an educational app that’s appropriate for your child can be challenging for an average parent, but when that child struggles in the classroom or can’t seem to behave at home, the task is amplified.
On Thursday, June 21, 2012, ADHD Coach/Academic Tutor, Ann Pieper and Parent Coach/Behavior Interventionist, Lisa Gendelman, will introduce parents to apps that target technology-savvy students and age-appropriate education audiences. The program begins at 10 a.m. at Fiddleheads Espresso Bar and Café, 10530 North Port Washington Road in Mequon, and runs through 12 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
Pieper said that parents who attend the program should bring their own iPads to follow along and learn the basics of educational apps, and enjoy hands-on guidance with select programs.
“This is definitely an interactive session so that we can learn from one another,” Gendelman said. “While Ann and I will present and coach the use of educational apps that we use with clients each day, we also want to hear what works for others.”
Pieper said that the program will help parents better tackle their children’s scholastic challenges via technology, and will also help make summer learning a positive experience for parents, young children, adolescents and teenagers.
For additional information about the session at Fiddleheads or about Gendelman’s and Pieper’s services, email@example.com or call North Shore Center at (262) 241-5955.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Hires Brown Deer Resident
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir Presents "Glad Tidings of Great Joy"
- 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Teams Brings the Seton Banner Back to St. Mary Parish School
- Dr. Catherine Ferderbar Awarded for Outstanding Teaching and Service
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13