Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of April 24, 2012
April 24 – Karen Oelerich and Peter Brusky
April 28 – Jeff and Nancy Lins
Programs and Events
April 24 – Rob Ritter will tell us about his work with Medicins Sans Frontieres.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: Dave Eppelsheimer paid a happy dollar to predict a Brewers' victory. Dick Bachman paid a dollar because he was happy about media coverage for the Flag Project, which has sponsors for 21 memorial flags so far. John Cable was happy for a trip to see his daughter in Central America, but you have to talk to John to get the rest of the story. Our Speaker was Senator Leah Vukmir, who told us about the goings-on in Madison during the protests.
Spelling Bee: Three representatives of the Elm Grove Golden K visited this week to promote the annual spelling bee, which supports the Waukesha Literacy Council and scholarships. Bob Cummisford, Bill Martens, Jerry Wegner, and Roger Johnson told us to start training for the August 2 event at the Country Springs Hotel.
Member news: Carl Smith and Warren Carity visited Gary Krueger. Both Warren and Gary welcome visitors. Warren Breitlow is at the Lutheran Home, which will parole him if he gets to the point that he can do stairs. You can visit Warren at the Lutheran home if you don't smuggle in any contraband.
Interclub: Tom Schultz reminded us of next week's visit to the Waukesha club at noon on Thursday, April 26, at the Easter Seals Building, 505 Northview Road, to observe the Waukesha club's ninetieth anniversary.
Post-prom: The post-prom party is back at Dave & Busters on May 19. Plan to sleep in the next day.
Golf: Bob Reinhardt has advertising flyers available. A flyer is attached to the e-mail version of this bulletin. The event will be June 27 at Broadlands. Sign up hole sponsors now, and track down those silent auction items.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Home & Garden Show Runs March 25-29
- 6 Break-in within 2 blocks over the last week. Not a cop in sight
- Village of Brown Deer To Roll Out The Barrels This Summer
- Campus Notes
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive