St. Boniface Episcopal Church, announces a discussion on religion and politics with a bible study of Amos and Hosea on Tuesday mornings beginning April 17, 2012.
This study, entitled Amos and Hosea: Boundaries, Tough Love, and Amazing Grace, uses the Kerygma curriculum that is characterized by enthusiastic, small group interaction focused on helping participants to apply bible lessons to everyday life.
During the 10-week session, the group will discuss boundaries between church and state, boundaries between “us” and “them,” boundaries between worship and service, who and how we trust and when trust can lead us to idolatry.
The Kerygma Program states, “Amos’ and Hosea’s message is surely relevant for a society such as ours, divided as it is on issues of theology, politics, economics, government, and morality. We need to hear about God’s tough love and amazing grace which are extended to a people who have often broken the Divine heart.”
The study is open to everyone regardless of church or religious affiliation or political point of view. Classes will be held on Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at St. Boniface Church at 3906 W. Mequon Road beginning April 17 and running for about 10 weeks.
To reserve your spot, please contact the church at 262-242-2994 or firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no cost to attend this class however, there is an optional study guide available for $25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Helen Farnsworth Mears Art Contest Local Winners Announced!
- CONGRATULATIONS TO WOMAN’S SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check