St. Boniface Episcopal Church, announces a discussion on religion and politics with a bible study of Amos and Hosea on Tuesday mornings beginning April 17, 2012.
This study, entitled Amos and Hosea: Boundaries, Tough Love, and Amazing Grace, uses the Kerygma curriculum that is characterized by enthusiastic, small group interaction focused on helping participants to apply bible lessons to everyday life.
During the 10-week session, the group will discuss boundaries between church and state, boundaries between “us” and “them,” boundaries between worship and service, who and how we trust and when trust can lead us to idolatry.
The Kerygma Program states, “Amos’ and Hosea’s message is surely relevant for a society such as ours, divided as it is on issues of theology, politics, economics, government, and morality. We need to hear about God’s tough love and amazing grace which are extended to a people who have often broken the Divine heart.”
The study is open to everyone regardless of church or religious affiliation or political point of view. Classes will be held on Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at St. Boniface Church at 3906 W. Mequon Road beginning April 17 and running for about 10 weeks.
To reserve your spot, please contact the church at 262-242-2994 or email@example.com. There is no cost to attend this class however, there is an optional study guide available for $25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- Brown Deer Artist at Firefly Art Fair
- Taste of Mequon
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Cell phones and 911.
- Falls Youth Art on Display at MF Froedert Medical Clinic
- Plein Air Painting Competition Announced as Part of Concordia's Lake Moon Festival Aug. 9
- Harbor Senior Living Development Construction Begins
- Immediate Need for O Negative Blood Donors
- Annex Wealth Management Named One of the Financial Times Top 300 Financial Advisor Firms in the U.S.