St. Boniface Episcopal Church, announces a discussion on religion and politics with a bible study of Amos and Hosea on Tuesday mornings beginning April 17, 2012.
This study, entitled Amos and Hosea: Boundaries, Tough Love, and Amazing Grace, uses the Kerygma curriculum that is characterized by enthusiastic, small group interaction focused on helping participants to apply bible lessons to everyday life.
During the 10-week session, the group will discuss boundaries between church and state, boundaries between “us” and “them,” boundaries between worship and service, who and how we trust and when trust can lead us to idolatry.
The Kerygma Program states, “Amos’ and Hosea’s message is surely relevant for a society such as ours, divided as it is on issues of theology, politics, economics, government, and morality. We need to hear about God’s tough love and amazing grace which are extended to a people who have often broken the Divine heart.”
The study is open to everyone regardless of church or religious affiliation or political point of view. Classes will be held on Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at St. Boniface Church at 3906 W. Mequon Road beginning April 17 and running for about 10 weeks.
To reserve your spot, please contact the church at 262-242-2994 or firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no cost to attend this class however, there is an optional study guide available for $25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kevin Rey Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Concordia University Wisconsin to Host 2nd Annual Lake Moon Festival Saturday, Aug. 8
- Mortara Hires Margaret Mucha
- Brown Deer's Night Out for Justice Promotes Safe Community
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Mad Science of Milwaukee at the Brown Deer Library!
- Annual Cruisin-4-Kids Motorcycle Ride this Saturday!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Germantown American Legion Fundraiser