is important that everyone in a vehicle buckle up for every ride. But how do you know if you have the correct seat for your child? How do you really know if your car seat is correctly installed? Statistics show that more than 90 percent of car seats are not properly installed.
Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin Coalition, led by Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin will host a Car Seat Safety Check and Helmet Fitting Event. Certified car seat technicians will assist families to ensure children are riding safely. For more information go to http://safekidswi.org/SafeKidsWisconsin-SoutheastWisconsin.asp
2:30 p.m.to 5:30 p.m.Tuesday, April 3
Germantown Fire Department
N115 W18752 Edison Drive, Germantown WI
At the safety check, trained child passenger safety specialists will make certain seats are correctly installed and appropriate for the age and size of the child. A limited supply of low-cost car seats will be available for purchase. Child and car must be present. Appointments encouraged. To reserve your appointment call (414)765-9355. A limited supply of bike helmets will be available for purchase for $10. Children (and adults) must be present to be fitted.
“Nationally, nearly 1,700 children die and 230,000 are injured each year as motor vehicle passengers,” said Lisa Klindt Simpson, coordinator, Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin. “Some car seats need just a few minor modifications, such as tightening the seat in the vehicle or making the seat’s straps fit snugly on the child. However, other seats are too old or have been recalled and require replacement.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory
- Milwaukee-based SASI has expanded its service offerings to include Health Savings Accounts - adds staff
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary
- BDCRG - Candidate Forum
- Woman's Scholarship Available
- Flat Rate Home Services Urges Consumers To Be Aware Of Space Heater Dangers
- Healthy Savings Program Helps Make Healthier Foods More Affordable for UnitedHealthcare Plan Participants in Wisconsin
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability