Contact: Pam Schlenvogt
Phone: (414) 357-5105 ext. 5851
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OCTOBER 12, 2011
Wednesday, November 2
Enjoy sounds of vintage American style music by Less Martin in the Village Center at Alexian Village located at 9301 N. 76th Street. To make reservations please call 1-800-251-4600 by November 1.
Changes in the Prescription Drug Laws
Tuesday, November 8
1:00 – 2:00 pm
Alice Kowalski from the Milwaukee County Department of Aging will present the changes in the prescription drug laws and how the new laws will affect senior citizens. This event will be presented in the Alexian Brothers Pavilion, located at 9225 N. 76th Street. To make reservations please call 1-800-251-4600 by November 5.
Sandwich Generation Support Group Meeting
Wednesday, November 9
6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Caring for aging parents and your own children as at the same time? Join other “Sandwich Generation” members to discuss critical issues, share solutions and offer encouragement. Meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month in the Alexian Brothers Pavilion located at 9225 N. 76th Street. Complimentary sandwiches will be served. To make reservations please call 1-800-251-4600 by November 7.
Maximize Your Memory
Thursday, November 10
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Gail Morgan, multicultural outreach coordinator from The Alzheimer’s Association provides information and tips on maximizing your memory to enhance quality of life. Presented in the Alexian Brothers Pavilion, located at 9225 N. 76th Street. To make reservations please call 1-800-251-4600 by November 8.
Lunch and Sprecher Brewery Tour
Monday, November 14
Enjoy a noon lunch in the Alexian Brothers Pavilion followed by a brew house tour – the aging cellar, bottling line and warehouse at Sprecher Brewery. Beer and Rootbeer samples will be served in the indoor beer tent and receive a souvenir glass. Return to the Alexian Brothers Pavilion at 3:00 p.m. The fee is $14. To make reservations please call 1-800-251-4600 by November 11.
Get into Fitness and Out of Your Funk
Wednesday, November 16
11:00 a.m. - Noon
Leah Donovan, nurse practitioner, Columbia-St. Mary’s Hospital Gateway Medical Clinic discusses the connection between exercise and improved mental health. Leah will provide you with an exercise to begin your new routine. Presented in the Alexian Brothers Pavilion, located at 9225 N. 76th Street. To make reservations please call 1-800-251-4600 by November 14.
Alexian Village of Milwaukee is a vibrant continuing care retirement community (CCRC) providing a full continuum of services. Located at 9301 N. 76th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53223, Alexian Village of Milwaukee offers: Independent Living Apartments with a variety of floor plan options; Assisted Living Units in an inviting neighborhood setting, a dedicated Rehabilitation Unit and Skilled Nursing services.
For more information on Alexian Village of Milwaukee please call (414) 355-9300 or visit www.alexianbrothers.net
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Discusses Radon – What You Should Know
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Black History Month, Celebrate Smokers Quitting and Becoming a Part of History
- Education Foundation of Brown Deer Awards over $15,000 in Mini-grants
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- BUNCO BASH! - IT'S THIS SATURDAY - DON'T MISS! - REGISTER NOW!
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory
- Milwaukee-based SASI has expanded its service offerings to include Health Savings Accounts - adds staff