What a week to be the USM Wildcats and for fans to show their blue and gold spirit! We wish to recognize our outstanding athletes, coaches, and staff who demonstrate inspiration, perspiration, and dedication on a daily basis. USM is especially proud that, for yet another quarter, not a single USM athlete was in jeopardy of losing his/her eligibility due to not upholding their classroom priorities. Way to go 'Cats!
University School added three new State Championships to our ever growing list:
Congratulations to the...
-girls' tennis team that defeated Green Bay Notre Dame 4-3 in the WIAA Division 2 State Team Tennis Tournament.
-field hockey team that completed an undefeated season by beating Trinity Academy 5-1 in the WHSFHA state championship game.
-girls' tennis players Riley Kelly and Becca Buchanan who won the Division 2 Individual State Tennis Doubles Championship last weekend in Madison. The girls defeated junior Abby Halla and senior Jane Salutz of Roncalli High School 7-6 (1), 6-4 in the finals to become the state's best.
The three state victories grew our total individual and team champions to 24 in the last five years!
-Junior runner Emma Kulick punched her ticket to next weekend's WIAA state cross country meet in Wisconsin Rapids with a top 10 finish in the Port Washington Sectional.
-The conference champion Wildcat football team hosted their first ever Level 1 contest and represented USM well with a courageous performance albeit a 28-19 loss to Valders High School.
-We are very proud of the excellent 18-3 season turned in by the volleyball team, which was good for second place in the MCC.
-The soccer team finished an outstanding season with a record of 15-2-2, good for the MCC North title with a perfect 7-0 conference record.
-The Wildfalconcats swam in a Woodland Conference crossover dual meet on Wednesday against South Milwaukee and won 95-86 and are now preparing for their state tournament run.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Helen Farnsworth Mears Art Contest Local Winners Announced!
- CONGRATULATIONS TO WOMAN’S SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check