The Brown Deer Public Library will host author, E. Adekunle-Wilson for a discussion of her book, Celebrating Good Black Men: Granddad, Greats & Dad on Tuesday evening, November 1st. The program will take place from 6:30 – 8 p.m. in the Community Room. Ms. Adekunle-Wilson is the founder and chief executive officer for Life Solutions Enterprises 365 and is an adjunct professor of Childhood Education for Concordia University-Wisconsin.
In her book, she encourages one to feel the joy of RE-THINKING the promoted negative and narrow images of American Black Men. Providing a “Top 20 Hall of Fame” and a “Challenge 20 Hall of Fame”, she shows quite clearly the strong Black men are doing positive things. Come and be inspired!
Those interested in attending should register for the free program by stopping by the Reference Desk at the Brown Deer Public Library (5600 W. Bradley Rd.) or calling(414) 357-0106. Copies of the book will be available for purchase and signing or library copies may be reserved.
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- World-Renowned Milwaukee Artist Elisha Ben Yitzhak to Host Solo Art Show in Mequon-Thiensville