The Brown Deer Public Library will host author, E. Adekunle-Wilson for a discussion of her book, Celebrating Good Black Men: Granddad, Greats & Dad on Tuesday evening, November 1st. The program will take place from 6:30 – 8 p.m. in the Community Room. Ms. Adekunle-Wilson is the founder and chief executive officer for Life Solutions Enterprises 365 and is an adjunct professor of Childhood Education for Concordia University-Wisconsin.
In her book, she encourages one to feel the joy of RE-THINKING the promoted negative and narrow images of American Black Men. Providing a “Top 20 Hall of Fame” and a “Challenge 20 Hall of Fame”, she shows quite clearly the strong Black men are doing positive things. Come and be inspired!
Those interested in attending should register for the free program by stopping by the Reference Desk at the Brown Deer Public Library (5600 W. Bradley Rd.) or calling(414) 357-0106. Copies of the book will be available for purchase and signing or library copies may be reserved.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- One-Stop Holiday Shopping
- Education Foundation of Brown Deer Established to Support District's Schools
- Friends of the Brown Deer Library 27th Annual Auction
- Antiques Appraisal Event
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- "What's in the Barn?" Open House at Unitarian Church North Oct. 18
- Art & Craft Fair at Milwaukee Lutheran HS November 8
- Sport Clips Haircuts Help a Hero campaign
- Judy Schachner book launch in Mequon
- Volunteers Needed for American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Milwaukee/North Shore