The Brown Deer Public Library will host author, E. Adekunle-Wilson for a discussion of her book, Celebrating Good Black Men: Granddad, Greats & Dad on Tuesday evening, November 1st. The program will take place from 6:30 – 8 p.m. in the Community Room. Ms. Adekunle-Wilson is the founder and chief executive officer for Life Solutions Enterprises 365 and is an adjunct professor of Childhood Education for Concordia University-Wisconsin.
In her book, she encourages one to feel the joy of RE-THINKING the promoted negative and narrow images of American Black Men. Providing a “Top 20 Hall of Fame” and a “Challenge 20 Hall of Fame”, she shows quite clearly the strong Black men are doing positive things. Come and be inspired!
Those interested in attending should register for the free program by stopping by the Reference Desk at the Brown Deer Public Library (5600 W. Bradley Rd.) or calling(414) 357-0106. Copies of the book will be available for purchase and signing or library copies may be reserved.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Wins Gold Award for Middle-Grade Book, 'George Knows'.
- Brown Deer's Christina Crawford performs in A Tale of Two Cities
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- SpirTed will perform on Saturday,September 20th
- Brown Deer Girls Basketball Club - Parents Meeting
- Izayah Briggs will appear in Milwaukee Rep's The Color Purple
- Russ Darrow Group Opens Mazda Dealership in Milwaukee
- Marching Band Madness set for Sept. 20 at Germantown High School
- Register for Dance Classes Now!