The Brown Deer Public Library will host author, E. Adekunle-Wilson for a discussion of her book, Celebrating Good Black Men: Granddad, Greats & Dad on Tuesday evening, November 1st. The program will take place from 6:30 – 8 p.m. in the Community Room. Ms. Adekunle-Wilson is the founder and chief executive officer for Life Solutions Enterprises 365 and is an adjunct professor of Childhood Education for Concordia University-Wisconsin.
In her book, she encourages one to feel the joy of RE-THINKING the promoted negative and narrow images of American Black Men. Providing a “Top 20 Hall of Fame” and a “Challenge 20 Hall of Fame”, she shows quite clearly the strong Black men are doing positive things. Come and be inspired!
Those interested in attending should register for the free program by stopping by the Reference Desk at the Brown Deer Public Library (5600 W. Bradley Rd.) or calling(414) 357-0106. Copies of the book will be available for purchase and signing or library copies may be reserved.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- My motivation to quit smoking
- Local Middle School Youth experience 50 years of fashion
- Local tween honored as finalist in national Future She-E-O contest