'Addressing the Skills Gap in Manufacturing' is topic of Sept. 20 Event at MATC's Mequon Campus
Economic development experts, area business owners and education leaders will be the featured speakers at a breakfast meeting titled “Addressing the Skills Gap in Manufacturing,” set for 7 to 9 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 20, at Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Mequon Campus, 5555 W. Highland Road. The fee for the event, which includes a continental breakfast, is $15. Space is limited, so interested parties are asked to register by Sept. 16.
Dr. Michael L. Burke, MATC president, will share welcome remarks. Tim Sheehy, president of the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce, will be the moderator.
Panelists scheduled to attend include:
Paul Jadin, CEO, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
Scott Baumbach, secretary, Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
Dorothy Walker, interim dean, MATC School of Technology and Applied Sciences
Jimmie Beacham, advanced manufacturing engineer manager for Process Technologies, GE Healthcare
Mike Mallwitz, president, Busch Precision, Inc.
Eric D. Isbister, CEO, General Metalworks Corp.
Panelists will discuss how to recruit and retain the best employees, the impact of the recession, strategies for staying competitive and educational opportunities for current employees. A question-and-answer session will follow.
The breakfast is co-sponsored by MATC; Ozaukee Economic Development; Tool, Die and Machining Association of Wisconsin; and the following Chambers of Commerce: Cedarburg, Germantown Area, Granville/Brown Deer, Grafton Area, Mequon-Thiensville and Menomonee Falls. Attendees are asked to register through their respective Chambers of Commerce. For more information, call (262) 238-2205 or write email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Education Foundation of Brown Deer Awards over $15,000 in Mini-grants
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- BUNCO BASH! - IT'S THIS SATURDAY - DON'T MISS! - REGISTER NOW!
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory
- Milwaukee-based SASI has expanded its service offerings to include Health Savings Accounts - adds staff
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary
- BDCRG - Candidate Forum
- Woman's Scholarship Available