'Addressing the Skills Gap in Manufacturing' is topic of Sept. 20 Event at MATC's Mequon Campus
Economic development experts, area business owners and education leaders will be the featured speakers at a breakfast meeting titled “Addressing the Skills Gap in Manufacturing,” set for 7 to 9 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 20, at Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Mequon Campus, 5555 W. Highland Road. The fee for the event, which includes a continental breakfast, is $15. Space is limited, so interested parties are asked to register by Sept. 16.
Dr. Michael L. Burke, MATC president, will share welcome remarks. Tim Sheehy, president of the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce, will be the moderator.
Panelists scheduled to attend include:
Paul Jadin, CEO, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
Scott Baumbach, secretary, Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
Dorothy Walker, interim dean, MATC School of Technology and Applied Sciences
Jimmie Beacham, advanced manufacturing engineer manager for Process Technologies, GE Healthcare
Mike Mallwitz, president, Busch Precision, Inc.
Eric D. Isbister, CEO, General Metalworks Corp.
Panelists will discuss how to recruit and retain the best employees, the impact of the recession, strategies for staying competitive and educational opportunities for current employees. A question-and-answer session will follow.
The breakfast is co-sponsored by MATC; Ozaukee Economic Development; Tool, Die and Machining Association of Wisconsin; and the following Chambers of Commerce: Cedarburg, Germantown Area, Granville/Brown Deer, Grafton Area, Mequon-Thiensville and Menomonee Falls. Attendees are asked to register through their respective Chambers of Commerce. For more information, call (262) 238-2205 or write firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Home & Garden Show Runs March 25-29
- 6 Break-in within 2 blocks over the last week. Not a cop in sight
- Village of Brown Deer To Roll Out The Barrels This Summer
- Campus Notes
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive