'Addressing the Skills Gap in Manufacturing' is topic of Sept. 20 Event at MATC's Mequon Campus
Economic development experts, area business owners and education leaders will be the featured speakers at a breakfast meeting titled “Addressing the Skills Gap in Manufacturing,” set for 7 to 9 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 20, at Milwaukee Area Technical College’s Mequon Campus, 5555 W. Highland Road. The fee for the event, which includes a continental breakfast, is $15. Space is limited, so interested parties are asked to register by Sept. 16.
Dr. Michael L. Burke, MATC president, will share welcome remarks. Tim Sheehy, president of the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce, will be the moderator.
Panelists scheduled to attend include:
Paul Jadin, CEO, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
Scott Baumbach, secretary, Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
Dorothy Walker, interim dean, MATC School of Technology and Applied Sciences
Jimmie Beacham, advanced manufacturing engineer manager for Process Technologies, GE Healthcare
Mike Mallwitz, president, Busch Precision, Inc.
Eric D. Isbister, CEO, General Metalworks Corp.
Panelists will discuss how to recruit and retain the best employees, the impact of the recession, strategies for staying competitive and educational opportunities for current employees. A question-and-answer session will follow.
The breakfast is co-sponsored by MATC; Ozaukee Economic Development; Tool, Die and Machining Association of Wisconsin; and the following Chambers of Commerce: Cedarburg, Germantown Area, Granville/Brown Deer, Grafton Area, Mequon-Thiensville and Menomonee Falls. Attendees are asked to register through their respective Chambers of Commerce. For more information, call (262) 238-2205 or write email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- An Evening With Eugene Schulz
- Teen Applauds School’s E-Cigarette Policy
- Joseph Klucarich attends 75th Class Reunion
- Memorial Lutheran Church to host 2nd Annual Fall Faith Fair this weekend!
- Join The Fire Bells - See Us at Thiensville Safety Day
- Local Wins Gold Award for Middle-Grade Book, 'George Knows'.
- Brown Deer's Christina Crawford performs in A Tale of Two Cities
- Trustmark Foundation makes donation to Ozaukee Family Services
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- SpirTed will perform on Saturday,September 20th