Celebrate and memorialize the lives of loved ones lost at Horizon Home Care & Hospice’s Life Lights 2011, a one-mile, candlelit sunset stroll; candle lighting ceremony; and slide show. This fund raiser supports Horizon’s charity care program and tickets include free Milwaukee County Zoo admission, live music by Kyle Feerick and Friday Fish Fry or children’s meal. This is a wonderful opportunity to pay tribute to loved ones while supporting others at the end of life through charity care.
Life Lights helps continue the healing process after the loss of a loved one, no matter how long ago. Our culture perpetuates a myth that we “get over” our grief after the loss of a loved one, but that’s not true. Our relationships with loved ones continue long after they’re gone so to be able to remember and honor those individuals helps us feel connected and continues the healing process.
Life Lights includes a letter writing station where attendees can write notes to loved ones and deposit those in a box that will be kept at Horizon’s Grief Resource Center year round. Submit photos of loved ones for the celebration slide show by emailing LifeLights@hhch.net or mailing them to Horizon Home Care & Hospice, Attention: Life Lights, 8949 N. Deerbrook Trail, Brown Deer, WI, 53223. Photos will be returned.
The event is Friday, September 9, 5:30p to 10p at the Milwaukee County Zoo, 10001 West Bluemound Rd. Milwaukee, WI 53226. Dinner runs from 5:30p to 7:30p followed by the candlelit sunset stroll, Celebration of Life candle lighting ceremony and slide show.
Advance tickets are $20 adults and $10 children age 10 and younger. Purchase tickets at www.horizonhch.org or call (414) 586-8383. Tickets are also available on-site for $25 for adults and $15 for children.
This is the fourth annual Life Lights celebration. More than 250 people attended last year’s event.
Horizon Home Care & Hospice, a non-profit organization, is one of the state’s largest licensed, full service home care agency and hospice providers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Hires Brown Deer Resident
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir Presents "Glad Tidings of Great Joy"
- 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Teams Brings the Seton Banner Back to St. Mary Parish School
- Dr. Catherine Ferderbar Awarded for Outstanding Teaching and Service
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13