Celebrate and memorialize the lives of loved ones lost at Horizon Home Care & Hospice’s Life Lights 2011, a one-mile, candlelit sunset stroll; candle lighting ceremony; and slide show. This fund raiser supports Horizon’s charity care program and tickets include free Milwaukee County Zoo admission, live music by Kyle Feerick and Friday Fish Fry or children’s meal. This is a wonderful opportunity to pay tribute to loved ones while supporting others at the end of life through charity care.
Life Lights helps continue the healing process after the loss of a loved one, no matter how long ago. Our culture perpetuates a myth that we “get over” our grief after the loss of a loved one, but that’s not true. Our relationships with loved ones continue long after they’re gone so to be able to remember and honor those individuals helps us feel connected and continues the healing process.
Life Lights includes a letter writing station where attendees can write notes to loved ones and deposit those in a box that will be kept at Horizon’s Grief Resource Center year round. Submit photos of loved ones for the celebration slide show by emailing LifeLights@hhch.net or mailing them to Horizon Home Care & Hospice, Attention: Life Lights, 8949 N. Deerbrook Trail, Brown Deer, WI, 53223. Photos will be returned.
The event is Friday, September 9, 5:30p to 10p at the Milwaukee County Zoo, 10001 West Bluemound Rd. Milwaukee, WI 53226. Dinner runs from 5:30p to 7:30p followed by the candlelit sunset stroll, Celebration of Life candle lighting ceremony and slide show.
Advance tickets are $20 adults and $10 children age 10 and younger. Purchase tickets at www.horizonhch.org or call (414) 586-8383. Tickets are also available on-site for $25 for adults and $15 for children.
This is the fourth annual Life Lights celebration. More than 250 people attended last year’s event.
Horizon Home Care & Hospice, a non-profit organization, is one of the state’s largest licensed, full service home care agency and hospice providers.
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake