Manufacturer expanding to Milwaukee to host job fair July 20, looking to add 40+ employees immediately
Diamond Precision Products, a Johnson Creek-based manufacturer of high-precision components for commercial and industrial applications, will be opening a new plant on Milwaukee’s northwest side in August and hiring up to 40 skilled workers for the plant immediately. Initially the company will occupy approximately 60,000 square feet of the 82,000-square-foot building.
A job fair will take place from 1 to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, July 20th at the plant’s location, 11000 Heather Ave. on Milwaukee’s northwest side, one block south of Brown Deer Road just west of 107th Street. The company will be hiring for all areas of production, including skilled machinists, production supervisors, experienced machine operators, quality technicians, manufacturing engineers, and other production support personnel.
Bryan Weiss, president of Diamond Precision Products, said the company recently landed several new contracts which exceed the capacity of the company's existing 100,000 square foot facility in Johnson Creek.
The decision to keep the work in Wisconsin was made after the State of Wisconsin worked with the company to provide tax incentives for the creation of new jobs. The Milwaukee location was chosen to take advantage of the skilled manufacturing workforce in northwest Milwaukee and the surrounding communities. Diamond Precision Products is also pursuing incentives from the city of Milwaukee to finance this growth.
About Diamond Precision Products: Located in Johnson Creek, Wis., Diamond Precision Products specializes in engineering and implementing production machining solutions that optimize efficiency and ensure repeatability. Diamond Precision Products serves various markets including commercial turf care, heavy truck, industrial components and construction. Our Quality Management System (QMS) has been certified to the ISO 9001-2008 standard. For more information visit www.diamondprecision.com. For information about employment opportunities, call 262-832-7110.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Inspired by a Home Improvement Show? Do Your Homework.
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Mequon Nature Preserve Receives Community Partner of the Year Award
- Holiday Folk Fair International Features Abundance of Music and Dance
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- How to Deep Fry a Turkey (safely)
- Local Resident Participates in A CHRISTMAS CAROL at Sunset Playhouse
- Holiday Folk Fair International Names Apinya Jordan Chairperson
- JBF Holiday Consignment Sale Starts Wednesday
- New Wellness Center in Thiensville