Does Your Family Know Your Wishes? 5 Wishes-Living Will and Power of Attorney For Health Care
On Tuesday, June 28th join older adults from the Brookfield and Elm Grove communities for a presentation entitled 'Does Your Family Know Your Wishes? 5 Wishes-Living Will and Power of Attorney For Health Care' 12:45-2pm at the Brookfield Senior Community Center (2000 N. Calhoun Rd., Brookfield). These monthly educational gatherings for older adults are offered on the 4th Tuesday of the month by the Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum. Light refreshments will be served. For more information contact Juli at 262-853-9352.
Today’s advanced health care can provide so many choices and alternatives for care, including some procedures you may not want to have done. How can you make your wishes and desires for health care known and be sure that your wishes will be followed? Join Attorney John Osinga, of Osinga Law Office, and Tim McIntosh, of Seasons Hospice, as they look at the importance of having a Living Will and a Power of Attorney for Health Care document drawn up for yourself and your loved ones. The Five Wishes document is a way to further clarify and be specific about what you want to happen in the event that you are no longer able tom make these important health care decisions on your own.
The Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum was developed by local professionals to help empower older adults and their families through education and support. Members of the Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum include representatives from Brookdale Senior Living, Universal Services Movers for Seniors, Prestige Home Health Care, Brookdale Place of Brookfield, Osinga Law Office, Seasons Hospice, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, and Church and Chapel Funeral Homes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Hires Brown Deer Resident
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir Presents "Glad Tidings of Great Joy"
- 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Teams Brings the Seton Banner Back to St. Mary Parish School
- Dr. Catherine Ferderbar Awarded for Outstanding Teaching and Service
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13