Does Your Family Know Your Wishes? 5 Wishes-Living Will and Power of Attorney For Health Care
On Tuesday, June 28th join older adults from the Brookfield and Elm Grove communities for a presentation entitled 'Does Your Family Know Your Wishes? 5 Wishes-Living Will and Power of Attorney For Health Care' 12:45-2pm at the Brookfield Senior Community Center (2000 N. Calhoun Rd., Brookfield). These monthly educational gatherings for older adults are offered on the 4th Tuesday of the month by the Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum. Light refreshments will be served. For more information contact Juli at 262-853-9352.
Today’s advanced health care can provide so many choices and alternatives for care, including some procedures you may not want to have done. How can you make your wishes and desires for health care known and be sure that your wishes will be followed? Join Attorney John Osinga, of Osinga Law Office, and Tim McIntosh, of Seasons Hospice, as they look at the importance of having a Living Will and a Power of Attorney for Health Care document drawn up for yourself and your loved ones. The Five Wishes document is a way to further clarify and be specific about what you want to happen in the event that you are no longer able tom make these important health care decisions on your own.
The Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum was developed by local professionals to help empower older adults and their families through education and support. Members of the Elmbrook Area Older Adult Forum include representatives from Brookdale Senior Living, Universal Services Movers for Seniors, Prestige Home Health Care, Brookdale Place of Brookfield, Osinga Law Office, Seasons Hospice, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, and Church and Chapel Funeral Homes.
- GFWC Brown Deer Junior Woman's Club Scholarship
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School presents “Man of La Mancha”
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- BBB Serving Wisconsin Honors Ethics That Build Trust
- IT'S THIS WEEKEND! Sunday, April 24th (10 - 2) BD Early Bird Community Rummage Sale
- Nicolet High School Students' Artwork On Display In Third Ward
- Goodwill Industries teams up with Steinhafels for 2nd Annual Bedroom Trade-In Event!!
- 3rd Annual Edible Book Festival at the Whitefish Bay Public Library